SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Single-Six
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Single-Six Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
Didn't really think I would get a single six after getting a Wrangler. However. I saw a similar Era one to my Blackhawk and had to complete the set. I picked up the Ajax black pearl grip to put on it but I think it looks better and fits better on the blackhawk. The burl grip is from Chigsgrips from a few years back.

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wranglers are nice for the price point but that right there is just purty. I have never owned a Single Six but I have always been tempted.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've still got a Super Single Six Convertible 6 1/2" I bought in the Sixties. Great shooter. Never had it retrofitted with the transfer bar modification. Love the classic three clicks when pulling back the hammer. Satisfies the soul...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Fine looking irons. My mom's, Three Screw, 1953.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My son has a Wrangler, and it's ok...the only real upgrade over a Heritage Rough Rider is that it lacks the stupid plastic safety. His shoots ok with ammo it likes, but it won't stabilize some common brands (like Remington Golden), even after we sent it back to Ruger and got it replaced with a brand new one.

The Single-Six, on the other hand, shoots everything I feed it, ad even came with a .22 Magnum cylinder. It's very accurate, and feels like a slightly trimmer Blackhawk in the hand...same solid build quality, just shooting a more diminutive cartridge. I like that in a .22...jist because a gun is chambered in a rimfire cartridge doesn't mean it had to feel like a toy. Yes, it cost 2.5x what we paid for the Wrangler, but it was worth it.

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by photohause:

I have the same one, flat loading gate too! It was my first gun actually, and I still have it!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Put the old BH grips on the Wrangler. It does look better as an old gun. Wink

Posts: 3481 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does. But cerakote. Ugh. lol

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, that's weird.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:

Beautiful!!! Mine is from 1956, looks identical to yours. I also have a three screw from 1960, it has the Colt style loading gate.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Single Sixes are a-ok.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of those roughrider .22s and I think for the money they are pretty cool. You can easily find them for under $150 if you look around or wait for holidays. The safety is stupid and I love Ruger but I prefer the original SAA style action with the half cock so I went with the Heritage.

Thankfully though I found an old 3 screw with the original SAA action a few years back and now the Heritage guns sit in the safe. The Single Six is a magnificent gun and puts the Roughrider to shame.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
Single Sixes are a-ok.

That stainless 4 5/8 is a beauty! I love that barrel length...both of my Blackhawks are that size, but the shortest Single-Six I could find when I was looking was the 5.5. I still love the gun, and plan to keep it, but the itch still exists for a 4 5/8"!

Posts: 8394 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
Single Sixes are a-ok.

That stainless 4 5/8 is a beauty! I love that barrel length...both of my Blackhawks are that size, but the shortest Single-Six I could find when I was looking was the 5.5. I still love the gun, and plan to keep it, but the itch still exists for a 4 5/8"!

I had a convertible Single Six (.22LR & .22WMR) in 5.5” that I liked but sold it when I needed some funds. I liked it but didn’t shoot it much, never with the .22WMR cylinder. These two I wouldn’t likely ever sell because they’re more rare & collectible. Back in 1973-1976 Ruger offered Single Sixes with just a .22LR cylinder as a cheaper alternative. They’re marked with a star on the frame in front of the trigger guard. These are examples of a KS4 & KS9 from that run. I think the blued versions are even more rare that the stainless but Ruger didn’t make a great number of either. The KS4 is definitely a fun shooter. I don’t think the KS9 has ever been shot outside the factory though. I’ve still got its box but it’s in pretty rough shape.

The KS4 & 5.5” together.

KS4

You can see the star marking on the frame of the KS9 here just in front of the front screw for the trigger guard.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great little gun. I inherited/bought my father in-law's Single six after he past away from my mother in-law, to keep it in the family and gave her a better price than I could have gotten for her. It is in rough condition but is a blast to shoot and is very accurate. It just feels solidly built.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post