SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me - P220R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me - P220R Login/Join 
Picture of jandersd
posted
After shooting a friend's P220, I decided I 'needed' ("yes dear, I really need it" ) one of my own. I traded out a gun I was not fond of shooting and brought one home with me.

I now have a 2004 (s/n G352xxx) P220R with a nice set of Hogue grips and 4 magazines.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I cannot tell if it has (dead) night sights or if these are the standard 3-dot sites that a super-dingy. In either case, I plan to pick up a set of night sights (Sig XRay, Trijicon or Ameriglo) and install them. I like the Ameriglo Spartan with the orange front post - it seems easier for my (over 60) eyes to locate when presenting the pistol.

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Love the grips!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Thanks - as do I. Big Grin

---

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Now your hardest decision is that you don't need two of 'em. Wink

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool!

Now your hardest decision is that you don't need two of 'em.

I could definitely go there! Smile

I have my eye on a nearly new p229 at my LGS to keep it company.

---