SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Slip 2000 725
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slip 2000 725 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any experience with Slip 2000 725 gun cleaner when used in an ultrasonic cleaner?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MacGyver,

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 328 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not in an ultrasonic cleaner, no, but I do use it and it's very mild. I would think that it would be fine in an ultrasonic.

I'm a huge fan of Slip 2000 products.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107506 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also a big fan of Slip2000 products, especially their EWL. You may wish to contact Slip2000 directly.

Greg Conner runs the show. Great guy. A few years ago I called there after hours, hoping to leave a message requesting a return call. To my surprise I got to speak with Greg himself. Not to many CEOs I know answer telephone calls, let alone after hours.

JM2c

Good luck!

Posts: 81 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also really like Slip 2000 and similar products. We use M Pro 7 at work. Their safe on about everything, non-toxic, and just a good multipurpose cleaner. You could use it to wipe down your bench or to wash your hands if you had to.

I've never used it in an ultrasonic cleaner, and I think it would be fine, but because of some of the potential issues inherent to an ultrasonic (cavitation being a big one), you can probably use something a little more aggressive. Simple Green, Purple Power, and the like are pretty common.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post