SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recall on Holosun HE507K-GR X2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recall on Holosun HE507K-GR X2 Login/Join 
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted
Earlier this month I bought a Holosun 507K-GR X2 for my new 365X. But I had a problem if I powered it off - it wouldn’t turn back on unless I pulled the battery and re-installed it. I typically left it on so it wasn’t a big deal, but I called Holosun yesterday to discuss anyway. I was told they issued a recall for the green dot model only because the buttons stay locked out. Looking at up to a 14 day turn around to get it back. I spoke to the dealer I bought it from and he didn’t know anything about the recall, checked the Holosun website and no mention of it either.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just got one for my G48. The G48 is out getting the slide cut and refinished. Guess I should get it out to test.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Holosun rep contacted me about this a few days ago to get any units we might have replaced. As it turns out I hadn't gotten around to ordering any of the green dot 507k units; I'd only previously talked to him about possibly doing so. But yeah, it's a bummer that this defect managed to out into the wild. Honestly, Holosun's initial QC evaluations and testing don't seem to be nearly as rigorous as that other PRC-focused optics company, Vortex.

We get a noticeable number of defective and even completely DEAD units right out of the box. It's nothing like a majority or anywhere close to that, but it's enough that they're now annoying in that it creates more work for us in having to exchange or take back defective units and then sending them back to Holosun for replacement.

Great way to eat up margins, Holosun.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of the new Holosun 507k green dot setting in the box. I just took delivery of a new Sig P365X. I was planning on installing the 507K GD on it but after reading this I’ll wait and contact the distributor I purchased it from and also Holosun. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying my Holosun 507K-GR X2 on my P365X for about a month now and was contacted by Midway (where I purchased it) on Thursday. Holosun CS was very efficient after I notified them via email that my sight's serial number was within the affected group, and my sight is boxed and ready for USPS pickup tomorrow. As unfortunate as this is, I'm satisfied that they're ethical enough to issue the recall and do all they can to take care of the issue.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I emailed them with my serial number. I hope it is not one of the ones affected but if so, I know Holosun will make it right.

Thank you for the heads up.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I emailed them with my serial number. I hope it is not one of the ones affected but if so, I know Holosun will make it right.

They were very helpful on the phone, sending the mailing label over right away. Since it was still mid afternoon I was able to get it to the post office the same day. They quoted 14 day turn around but said they would like to get it closer to 7 days.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info and for posting this!

quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

They were very helpful on the phone, sending the mailing label over right away. Since it was still mid afternoon I was able to get it to the post office the same day. They quoted 14 day turn around but said they would like to get it closer to 7 days.

posted Hide Post
I contacted Holosun today. Gave them the serial number on my 507k-gr. They advised it was within the recall. They sent me a e-mail to began the return and replace it. We see what the trun around is.

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I called them this morning and mine is in the recall. Daniel told me that it only affects the lock-out mode. I don't use that. I am opting to not send mine in right now. I can always send it in at a later time as the recall has no expiration.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Received notice yesterday that my Holosun in on the way home and should be here within three days. Good turnaround time!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Got my return shipping notification yesterday as well. Not bad turn around, they got it Monday and shipped back to me three days later.

silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I got the Holosun back today. Very fast shipping, two days from California to Ohio via USPS. I shut it off and powered it back on with no issues. Even though it was a recall I’m pretty impressed with Holosun’s turn around time - 8 days from the day I shipped it out until I got it back.