SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P365 380
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P365 380 Login/Join 
posted
I got my new Sig P365 .380 yesterday. I took it out and shot 10 rounds through it just before dark,I am totally impressed with the gun. The trigger is vantasic, the recoil is very light and it's easy to rack, the sights are dead on as well.
This gun will now be my EDC.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig hit the 365 lineup out of the park. Enjoy your gun.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Mrs. Flash wants me to rent one at our LGS/Indoor range and she'll shoot it to see if it will become a replacement for her EDC Glock 42. I'm guessing it will.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestly unless you are just locked into the Glock platform, this is the better gun on most objective qualities. I like Glock, I owned a 43 for years. It never hit my sweet spot, what it did was convince me I needed a G26. I also never shot it that well either. Never quite figured that out. I can run rings around myself using the 365 compared to the 43. Head scratcher.

43's are very good guns, I just think the 365 in whatever flavor you prefer beat them on almost all counts.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I only own one Glock and that's a G17 but Mrs. Flash loves Glock for some reason and owns 4 of them.

I let her shoot my P365 in 9MM and she liked it a lot but wants a little less recoil, so that's why she wants to rent the .380 version, to see how it is.

The nice thing is that since I'm a squad leader at my LGS/indoor range, all handgun rentals are free with the stipulation you buy at least 1 box of ammo from them to shoot through it.

So I'll buy a box and bring a couple more of reloads so everyone in the squad gets a chance to shoot it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Thanks !

posted Hide Post
I love everything about my 365/380 I hope you enjoY yours as much as I do mine. Although it has only 255 rounds through it now I have used it confidently as my EDC.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to win one with a Romeo Elite mounted. Love the gun. It compliments my other two 9mm 365's. With the correct ammo the 380 is a great carry gun. Enjoy your new pistol.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.380 is an extremely well-suited caliber for a micro compact handgun the size of the P365. Relatively soft recoil, lighter RSA for easier slide manipulation, a goodly amount of firepower and ease of carrying thanks to its diminutive size; one could argue the overall merits of 9mm Browning, but the P365/380 is damn hard not to like. I've shot one and against my usual "distaste" for .380, I do like this version of the little SIG. If only there was a barrel option for 9x18 Mak...

The only thing missing (so far) is more support on the modularity aspect, like the 9mm side current enjoys. Having the X/XL options would greatly help with those folks with larger hands, just like it does with the 9mm. That's something that in part fuels the popularity of the larger .380 S&W Shield EZ. That and the omnipresent lower price point of the Smith that greatly appeals to folks on a fixed income...like many retirees have. We sell the hell out of the S&W whereas with the SIG .380, disappointingly not so much.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Massad Ayoob once said "A .380 is nice to have when you're not carrying a gun" or something like that.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
The only thing missing (so far) is more support on the modularity aspect, like the 9mm side current enjoys. Having the X/XL options would greatly help with those folks with larger hands, just like it does with the 9mm. That's something that in part fuels the popularity of the larger .380 S&W Shield EZ. That and the omnipresent lower price point of the Smith that greatly appeals to folks on a fixed income...like many retirees have. We sell the hell out of the S&W whereas with the SIG .380, disappointingly not so much.

Maybe Sig failed at marketing the P365 .380 version, but it is compatible with nearly all 9mm accessories such as the X/XL grip modules, 9mm magazines, X-ray sights, red dots, etc. The FCU trigger is even the same as the 9mm and could switch to 9mm with just a new slide assembly and magazines. The only external difference with the .380 is the slide is slightly smaller to reduce weight which may affect certain holster fitment.

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trigger finger:
I got my new Sig P365 .380 yesterday. I took it out and shot 10 rounds through it just before dark,I am totally impressed with the gun. The trigger is vantasic, the recoil is very light and it's easy to rack, the sights are dead on as well.

Any particular holster ? I'm still a fan of leather myself.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by Trigger finger:

Any particular holster ? I'm still a fan of leather myself.

I ordered a Crossbread Mini Tuck, I hope it works out.

posted Hide Post
congratulations on your purchase!

who out there has fired both the P365 in 9mm and .380 and do you feel there is a huge difference?

Posts: 7 | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guskody:

who out there has fired both the P365 in 9mm and .380 and do you feel there is a huge difference?

I shot my sons P365 9mm and to me there's a big difference my .380 racks easier and has alot less recoil.

posted Hide Post
I carry my Sig 365/380 in the same Milt Sparks summer special made for my 9mm model.
No difference in the outside dimensions but clearly there is a difference inside the slide. There are lightening cuts on the inside which are quite obvious.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So, manual safety or no manual safety. Difficult choice for a smallish striker fired gun.

I keep going back to "the safety is between your ears." nonetheless.... I think the safety can be removed on this particular model, which makes me want to buy the MS version and then just put the extra parts in a drawer if not needed.

or is it only the 9mm "MS" models where the safety is easily removed? not sure.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one when they first came out to see if it would replace my G42. Mine had some issues. I can't recall them exactly but i know i had some failures to feed and extract. I only shoot factory ammo so maybe i just got a bad one.
Anyway, I love the concept of a small, higher capacity .380 so maybe i give it another try after reading this thread.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guskody:

There's a video on YouTube that had people blind shoot them one after the other and no one could tell the difference. I'm sure that could be ammo contingent and they didn't mention the ammo.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I got one a few weeks ago in .380. Use only finger extension mags and installed the Hogue Hand-All rubber grip with beaver tail on it. It is very accurate, a pleasure to shoot, and with 400 rounds through it so far, not a hiccup. I give it 5 stars.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post