SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just got a Glock 19 gen5 MOS. Need recommendation on a cheap red/green dot
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got a Glock 19 gen5 MOS. Need recommendation on a cheap red/green dot Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was going to recommend the Vortex Venom, but others have beat me to it. For a less expensive red dot to experiment with, it seems to be the ideal choice. It isn't no name junk, and has a good warranty.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
We went to look at the Venom, which they had none. But the price on this and for what it is, I didn't think I could beat it!

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I was going to recommend the Vortex Venom, but others have beat me to it. For a less expensive red dot to experiment with, it seems to be the ideal choice. It isn't no name junk, and has a good warranty.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I mounted the optic last night. I haven't shot it.
The screws to mount the optic on the Glock MOS plate that came with the gun are a bit long and makes the plate rise toward the back. I found specific mounting instructions for the Fast Fire III to the Glock and there are screw washers that Burris will send you for free to correct this known issue.

I am very impressed with the optic, especially for what I paid. Some reviews talk about the battery cover. It was a non-issue for me. I'd think that anyone with the slightest mechanical experience will do fine as you have to press on the cover while screwing it in when the battery is installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what iron sights would be good? I want the front sight to have tritium, at least. Its ok if the rear have tritium, too, but not a requirement.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holosun 407c v2. $210 shipped

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I have a couple Vortex Venom's and a couple Holosun 507c's. There is no real comparison. The Holosun is a FAR superior sight. I hate that they come from china but they just better than the other less expensive sights and compete favorably with RMR's and more expensive sights.

I was highly resistant at first to the Holosuns but then I tried one. Now if they can just get the 507K's in stock for my Hellcats!!!!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwschill:
Holosun 407c v2. $210 shipped

Agreed. Add maybe $20-30 if you wanted the Green dot verison instead of the Red. The only thing you miss from the 507 is the 32 MOA circle option. You still get a budget option that far more durable than the Vortex in a more compact package. In addition, if you want to upgrade in the future, the RMR footprint is more versatile than the Vortex pattern.

Exchange titanium for aluminum and only the 1 reticle option, and you have a review of the 407c v.2:

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post