SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I think my G48 is nearly complete
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think my G48 is nearly complete Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I just got it back from milling and finishing. I have a new sandstorm precision mag well V2 coming with mag cuts.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what trigger are you using ? these are great size and feel but hate the factory trigger

Posts: 233 | Location: dallas tx | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just use OEM but I change the trigger shoe to a smooth one. I don’t like the serrated ones. I’ll admit that there are better triggers out there but for the price and for a combat/defensive pistol the OEM is just fine for me. I’m not doing any Olympic bullseye shooting.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
Appears you have a Shield mag and metal mag catch. How are they working for you?

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Good eye. I have both gen 1 & 2. With the gen 1s I put in the extra power spring. I used the gen 2s for the +5 extensions.

I’ve never had a moments trouble from any of them. I originally had the first mag catch from shield which were aluminum. They always worked fine but when I took them out they were chewed up and would have failed eventually. Shield sent me two new steel catches free of charge after I emailed them.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Just picked one up last week. What magwell is that? Where did you get the smooth face trigger? I definitely need that.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The magwell is a sand storm precision pinch guard. They just made a new version (V2) magwell that I just ordered.
I just took a smooth trigger shoe from a G19 or G17 and put it on the trigger bar. I do that with my 43, 43x and 48.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BennerP220,

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I missed that in your OP, sorry. Thanks for the info, I'll be doing both of those things with mine. Smile

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
No problem at all. Very worthwhile improvements IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I missed that in your OP, sorry. Thanks for the info, I'll be doing both of those things with mine. Smile