SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 spare parts must haves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 spare parts must haves Login/Join 
posted
Hi,

What list of spares should one keep for the P320?
And for the P229, for that matter.
I have a classic P229 .40 (serial AE....) and recently bought a P320 compact.

Spare parts are not always freely available for me, so I'm keen to stock up on at least the essentials for these two pistols.
Any guidance would be appreciated.

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That depends how much shooting you plan to do.

A trigger return spring is one you should have. A spare recoil spring assembly may not be a bad idea.

I haven't been able to break any of my P320's yet, and while I do have spare parts, so far the pistols have held up well.

I haven't broken anything on my P229's either. Personally, if I were going to stock up, I'd get magazines.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recoil springs should be replaced every 3000-5000 rounds, depending on the ammo you shoot. Most other springs can also wear out. Other than springs, I have a spare extractor just in case, but haven’t needed it for the five 320s I have. I also would be interested in hearing from 320 owners who shoot their guns a lot as to which parts they have had to replace.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Guppy and 71 for your replies.
Will get onto what you shared.
I have heard the extractor on the early US made P229 had extractor issues, although mine is made in Germany. Its done around 8000 and still going strong.

Thanks again

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
For the P320, you'll want to have a supply of spare o-rings for the take-down lever.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P320

Sear springs (P320 has two)
These are tiny springs.

Trigger over-travel pin.
If any pin falls out when I have an FCU out of a grip module, it is this pin.
A small pin.

Safety Lever Pin
This is another one that can fall out, but it's
larger and easier to track.

All pins in the FCU, except the Spirol Sear Housing Pin, can fall out when handling the FCU.

I've seen posted a broken takedown lever.
I believe that is rare, however.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post