SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First new sig in ten years and I think it has to go back.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First new sig in ten years and I think it has to go back. Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I just purchased a 365 tacops after not buying a sig in ten years as I switched everything over to Glock.
But after liking the way it felt, 17 rd capacity 4 mags plus 3 extra on rebate with night sights, I decided to grab one. well that's the good news the bad news is the night sights are dead, and the finish on one of the mags is pretty bad. Roll Eyes build date was sept.1 so I guess this has to go back to have the sights replaced? the rear ones are ok but not as bright as my trijicon's. My fault I guess for not looking everything over with a fine tooth comb. mag is not a big deal but would have been nice to have all the finish on it. also they had 2 different cases one was quite a bit smaller the gun guy said it was the older modelby a few months.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, the front night is dead, but the rear is ok? The front one needs replacing yes, but the rear probably not. Xrays sights have always been not as bright in the dark as regular SIGLITE. I don't care for them.

On a side note, reading your post, I went and checked on my EDC P365 (bought new in Jan 2021), and guess what? The left rear tritium is dead! Mad

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, the front night is dead, but the rear is ok? The front one needs replacing yes, but the rear probably not. Xrays sights have always been not as bright in the dark as regular SIGLITE. I don't care for them.

On a side note, reading your post, I went and checked on my EDC P365 (bought new in Jan 2021), and guess what? The left rear tritium is dead! Mad

the rear are ok but not half as bright as my trijicons, but in all fairness the sig rears seem to have a smaller diameter. also getting the 17th round in the magazine is no way without a uplula loader even then its border line, maybe after a few rounds though them they will loosen up.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
seem to have a smaller diameter.

Exactly!

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I posted about this before. I had two slides I sent back to Sig for Xray3 sight replacement due to them burning out prematurely. My friend sent in one slide for the same reason.

Look at reviews at Sig. It's not an uncommon complaint.

https://www.sigsauer.com/x-ray3.html

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Sig 290 RS (don’t laugh it’s actually a good little gun) that the sights died immediately. Front or rear I don’t remember. Sig was very good about it. Offered a label or to just send me the new sight. I took the latter.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I had a normal 365 Sig Tacops that was received with a dead front night sight. While I have the ability to safely change the sights, Sig asked for the slide to be returned. Their turnaround was super fast, it’s just annoying to let that get past final QC checks.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Yep I bought a P365X and didn’t notice until a few days later, in the dark the sights were dead. Sig had me send the slide back and turnaround was 8 days. Excellent experiences lately with Sig.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have returned two separate 365 slides because the vial disappeared when shooting.
Quick turn around. Never a malfunction, just a disappointment.

Posts: 322 | Location: S/W Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
exactly 12 days and I received my pistol back. not bad I guess.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I bought a Sig 290 RS (don’t laugh it’s actually a good little gun) that the sights died immediately. Front or rear I don’t remember. Sig was very good about it. Offered a label or to just send me the new sight. I took the latter.

I emailed them some pics of the dead left rear mentioned above. Just as in your case, I was given options. They will be sending me a replacement.

Q

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a multiple model issue- when I purchased my P320 a few years back it too had a bad ampule in the front sight. As expected, Sig made good on it fairly quickly.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, I read somewhere that SIG has started to make their NS in house. If true, that would explain the high failure rate of these sights. New at sight making, learning curve and all that, you know. Also, wonder where they source their tritium vials.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for reminding me to always check my night sights carefully before I buy! On a side note, I have a lot of Sigs and none of my night sights have been defective. I did crack one of the tritiums, though, when my EDC fell out of my pants in a public restroom and the rear sight got smashed

Posts: 8 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well OP now that you have it back how does it shoot ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post