SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X on the way
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X on the way Login/Join 
posted
I received an email from on line retailer that they had G43X in stock, decent price and low shipping cost and no credit card fees so I went ahead and ordered it. I normally don't this with new models but I really like the concept so I sai what the heck and bought it, I'm looking forward to pick it up and take it to the range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: venenoindy,

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which retailer?

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I bet you will like it. I held and dry fired the 43X and 48 a few days ago at a Blue Label dealer. I have a 48 pre-purchased. I'll pick it up Monday.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Waiting on my 43x as well.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I bet you will like it. I held and dry fired the 43X and 48 a few days ago at a Blue Label dealer. I have a 48 pre-purchased. I'll pick it up Monday.

I want a 48 also as I like the format (Kahr). Grabagun has them in stock.

posted Hide Post
Here in Indy some shops have them in stock.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my 43x and 48. Initial thoughts are positive. Having the full grip is really nice.

One thing I don’t like so far is the checkering is noticeable lighter than the Gen 5 26 I’m carrying now. I’ll check it against my 42 when I get home, but I generally like more aggressive texture on my grips. If they slip when shooting, a stipple job will be done, but we shall see.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice. Big Grin Congrats fellas!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm picking up two 43x's tomorrow. One in the "Day of the Dead" pattern with Sugar Skulls, and the other one is for my bride's birthday. She LOVES blue, so I'm getting her a "Tiffany Glock 43x".

Will post pictures after the purchase.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I am digging my 43x but it looks very plain in comparison to the ones you described. The day of the dead one seems especially seasonally appropriate.

Posts: 3145 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll enjoy it!
I have been pushing my wife to find a carry gun for a while, last year or so, we rented the 43 and the 43x. She loves the thing. I found it to fit my hand surprisingly well too!

Then I found out about the Shield magazines. Can't really say "no" to 16 rounds in that small of a package!

The 43X has quickly replaced my G-19 as my off duty gun!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a great platform,congrats.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Glock and the one that "points" best. The grip angle is perfect.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just qualified yesterday w/ my new G48 MOS I picked up yesterday. Thing shoots easy and sweet. We have our detectives switching over to G43X MOS’s from the G27’s. They like them so much more than the chubby and bucky G27’s.

You will like it.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Given what's on the market now, I have a hard time seeing the appeal of the G43X. Glock rushed it out as something of a weak sauce response to the P365. But it has a full grip, so some people liked it. But now the P365XL, XMacro and Hellcat Pro are available, all have thin profiles, full grips, higher capacity magazines, with standard optics cuts (for those who want an optic.) Other than being a Glock, I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to buy a 43X

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
But now the P365XL, XMacro and Hellcat Pro are available, all have thin profiles, full grips, higher capacity magazines, with standard optics cuts (for those who want an optic.) Other than being a Glock, I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to buy a 43X

Recently I picked up a 43X blue label non mos standard sites for $380. I had thoughts about the Sig XMacro..for a very short time.
Wanted a pocket pistol, but w/o a red dot optic.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I struggle to see a 43X or Macro as a pocket pistol.

As for the 365 vs 43, it is a no brainer to me. Once I had both the 43 pales in comparison. Having an optics plate capability is a plus not a minus. I have multiples of the 365 now and at least one or two have an optic. It sure makes some shots easy and it doesn't make any shot harder.

I don't see a 10 shot 43X being better in any reasonable way than a 17 shot Macro in the same footprint. And no I don't want to buy Shield mags and a metal mag release. I want to use what came with the gun and what is readily available. That is why I don't mind Magguts. It doesn't force you into a corner. Shield Arms makes you go metal mags or stay polymer. The metal mag release will eat your glock mags and the metal mags will eat your glock mag release. It isn't a good scenario either way (although I wonder about the veracity of this eating)

I love my Glocks but I think there are better options nowadays. Plus I gave my 43 away.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
I struggle to see a 43X or Macro as a pocket pistol.

I have big deep pockets, not really.

In Florida most likely not for pocket carry.
In Northeast Indiana in winter, it works well with a winter type coat or jacket.

I picked this up to replace a 5 shot j frame .357 for this purpose.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jacket pockets. Didn’t think about that. Get a Macro, 17+1 is a lot in your pocket. Or just get the mag into any 365.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post