SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Factory Nickel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Factory Nickel Login/Join 
posted
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted. Over the weekend I stumbled upon a German made triple S/N factory nickel slide and controls P220 at a local gun shop. It has the box, papers and 2 mags. The price is $999. It looks to be un-shot. I feel that is a bit high. What do you think?

Posts: 506 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It’s worth whatever it’s worth to a motivated collector. I’m not on the hunt for one so it’s too rich for me but if it can be authenticated as original and unfired, someone missing it from their collection might find it a bargain as they don’t often show up.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
It is indeed a factory nickel in excellent condition I think that is a good price.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
About 2 years ago I bought my West German nickel P220 with box and everything included (lightly fired) for $700 + shipping off of GB. I think I got a deal for $700. For $999 brand new in box, I would have no problem paying that.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
As fewer and fewer of those come up for sale, the price rises.

Are you buying it for yourself? Or are you buying it to Flip? If you are flipping, then it is not a good price

As to keeping it for yourself or collecting then you have to ask the following question

How much did the last one you saw sell for?

Is it worth saving $100 and not having it around to enjoy for a year or two while you locate a deal?

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If it's factory full Nickel, then it's good price.
Two tone Nickel? Too high.

And, do make sure it's confirmed factory finish, before forking out the cash.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. The plan was to buy a HK USP 45. Then I saw the P220 in the collectors case at the shop. I want a 45 range and home defense gun. If I bought the P220 it would be shot. Not a safe queen.

Posts: 506 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to be a 12rnd USP for pure operational function but boy is that full nickel p220 classy!

Reminder what has already been said:
1) assuming we are talking about full nickel gun, not two two which are less rare
2) make sure it’s a factory nickel not an aftermarket finish.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a 2-tone, nickel slide and controls.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigbrad:

In that case I rescind my previous statement.

Still a nice gun. If LNIB and you love it, it is an ok price but not a great value buy in any way.

The full nickel guns are much rarer, next level beautiful IMHO, and carry a $200-$500ish price premium. Which is why I thought it was a great buy as that was my original assumption.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigbrad:

Yeah, that makes a big difference. A two tone I would expect to be in the $600 - $700 range in the condition you said earlier.

Here's both a two tone and full nickel. The two tone is not a WG, so not as desirable, but I think I paid $600 for it a couple years ago.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Pair of P220s. Yup the one I'm looking at looks like your 2-tone. Thanks again for all the info. Still leaning towards the HK 45 USP. It's new and $200 cheaper.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'd take that USP45 any day over the TT P220.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post