SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield xds mod 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield xds mod 2 Login/Join 
posted
Purchased an XDS Mod2 45acp this weekend and started doing some research prior. Finally ended up today on Springfield’s site and accordingly it is listed as No Longer Available........The entire XD-S line of guns. Only the xd-e is still being listed.

Anyone know anything About this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stroonz,

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XDS Mod 2 is still on their website available only in 9mm. They should start making the Hellcat in 45ACP. Maybe fit 8+1?

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hmm.. that may be a good excuse to find another. Smile
I love my XDs.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Springfield rep told us a couple of months ago that the entire XDS line was going to be nuked. If any are still showing up on the company's website, it's probably because there's still some inventory left for dealers and distributors to order. But given how the already diminutive Hellcat has sold and plainly dominates the company's XD division of products, I can't think of any real reasons beyond Springfield suddenly offering a cut-rate price that any dealer would bother bringing more into a shop's inventory. Unsold Shield 2.0s is already a thing thanks to the impact of the Shield+; that cautionary tale alone should make most gun shops wary of bringing single stacks from a company that offers a double-stack that so clearly hogs all of the limelight in the micro subcompact 9 market.

And yeah we're one of those shops that's stuck with a shitload of non-moving Shield 2.0s in a variety of flavors, all thanks to the fast-moving Shield+.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my XD-s in 9mm, carry it more then any other gun I own. May have to buy a Mod 2 when they cut prices and a few extra mags to put away.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post