SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cleaning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning Login/Join 
posted
I have a P226 Scorpion Elite. I bought it new as collector's item. I was wondering if it should ever be cleaned. If so, how often, and will it hurt the value?

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
While a very fine example of the 26, I don't see that is has such a high collectible example that it should not be cleaned. Basic field strip with oil and grease twice a year would seem appropriate if it is a safe queen. Would need to clean and lube more if shooting it.

My .02 is that the gun should be ENJOYED by the owner. Some find collection alone enjoyment, others find the shooting the enjoyment. Don't be afraid to let this one go to the range.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. For the record, I'm the one who considers it collectible. lol. I take it out of the safe, open the case, and stare at it. Been doing that 8 years. I think you're right. She wants to go to the range as well.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
+1 on the let er rip tater chip

It's a very fine firearm for sure, but not so much on the collectors status.

Use it, clean it, enjoy it.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post