SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield Armory 5" XD in .45 acp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory 5" XD in .45 acp Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
HA!
Found one in the next county over, said he can have it next Wednesday.

The 19th phone call made it happen.

Called Highnoon holsters and Williams fire sight.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is what I don't understand.
Maybe someone here can teach me something.

I called 18 retailers over five days and four hours on the phone.
Why

did number 18 have the ability to say
"Let me check availability and I will call you back within the hour".

And none of the others offered to do that ? What gives?

I've not been to his brick and mortar shop yet. Will go this week when he calls me.

I will let you know how the transaction goes.

But Iam wondering if I just may have found the rabbit hole in that many have been searching for.

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the XD guns. People crap on them and they never got widespread use in military or law enforcement circles.

Springfield has cut a lot of sku's over the years and it appears that they only sell the 45 XD with low capacity 10 rd mags, for state compliance. You should still be able to find and order 13 round mags if you live in a free state.

I have two of the XD9's. My oldest one is almost 20 years old, and has a ton of rounds down range. Never a problem, ever.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The other reason I ask here on the forum:

The place I might purchase it from is a mile away from Springfield in Geneseo.

He said that there hasn't been a demand for this particular gun.

So Iam trying to figure out what. What's not to like?

Other than they made some controversial decisions on the past.
Or
THEY ARE MADE IN CROATIA
Roll Eyes

G.m.a.f.b.

Several reasons:

- It's the 'wrong' caliber. .45AUTO has become borderline painful to buy for some, downright hurtful for just about everyone else. Among our regular .45 shooters they now buy one, maybe two boxes when they used to buy 4 or more to go to the range with.

- It's BIG in an era where convenience and concealability dominate the 'must haves' in the sales charts.

- It's OLD. Doesn't even have the "grip zones". Many buyers lust after the latest attributes, whether it's optic cuts, baby poop browns or convoluted slides Gucci'd up the yin-yang with lightening holes.

- It's ugly. Yeah, I've heard that from customers about the XDs, more so regarding them than Glocks. However the XDM is "sexy". Whatever. Never mind that the stupid XDM 'texturing' is slippery as all get out in actual live fire.

But the most critical factor about any of the XD pistols...it ain't a Hellcat. Dealers don't have any problem selling those, and that might be the answer as to why 18 of the 19 dealers you contacted didn't bother trying to find one for you. In all honesty we've still been having supply issues with SA (we buy direct), except with Hellcats. Plus we typically don't shop the distributor websites for them because it's hard to swallow that damn middleman markup.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WELL!
Monkey Pox on a stick !

I tried five holster makers and none of them make either an inside or outside holster for this gun .

Mad
So , now this fella has a special order gun coming too his shop and I got no use for it.
Am hoping he understands

Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
WELL!
Monkey Pox on a stick !

I tried five holster makers and none of them make either an inside or outside holster for this gun .

Mad
So , now this fella has a special order gun coming too his shop and I got no use for it.
Am hoping he understands

C'mon bendable, and dig up one those jars you have buried in the backyard! Cool

Is this what you're looking for?

Vedder Holsters for XD 5" .45

We the People IWB

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HOLY
Frejolie

I just called both and they were very helpful

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.

This plan might just come together yet.

( It's been over 15:years since my last firearm purchase)

Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Glad I could be of help!

I hope you can find a holster you like.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plans as of today are to go with the vedder for I w.b
And an Andrews leather o.w.b.
In cordovan

posted Hide Post
I had a two tone sub compact for awhile. Sold it because I already had a G27. I have an older XD9, great gun. Sorta like a marriage of a Glock and a Sig. Really like the grip angle, not as extreme as a Glock, bore axix reminds me of a Sig. Nice pistol.

Posts: 652 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Did you try Wright Leather Works?

https://www.wrightleatherworks.../holster-collections

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have mine in a IWB crossbreed. (Since the XD came out).

slingshots are my favorite

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XD 45 is a great gun but the recoil spring is pretty heavy, increasing difficulty in racking the slide. As we get older hand grip strength diminishes. As a point of reference, all of my 1911 pistols are very easy to rack. The XD 45 is not so cooperative.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed a great big difference between my XD 9mm and the new
XD .45acp.

I see what you mean.
That will take some getting used too.

People with hand or wrist disabilities should not consider this particular .45.

posted Hide Post
This just in:
8 to 12 week wait for the promotional merch that I applied for.
Roll Eyes

Lady I spoke with said that they won't hire on extra employees to send out free stuff.

Vedder holster is 4 -6 weeks out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo
S.A. e-mailed me,
My free magazines will be her tomorrow Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

posted Hide Post
Good to hear that SA finally got them out. Sad to know that our shop didn't provide a single customer to that logjam, thanks to our state's magazine limit going into effect on the very same day that the SA promotion started. Aside from prepackaged compliant Hellcats that came with their five mags already in the box, we didn't have a single SA firearm to sell in our shop during the promo.

As much as I dislike SA the company, it's still such a sad state of affairs. Damn mag limits. Frown

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that's interesting,
My XD came with two, ten round mags.

But my three promotional mags are 13 rounders
Eek

I called S.A. and the nice lady assured me that the 13 rounders will work fine, just fine.

Now I am wondering if the gun I found was supposed to be sent to California.

posted Hide Post
Snake207 mentioned one of the the things XD haters don't like is the fact the firing pin retaining pin isn't staked. Speaking as a non gunsmith, is this common in semi auto pistols or is it a strictly XD only problem? Is it prone to failure?

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post