SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 210 Carry........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 210 Carry........ Login/Join 
posted
There was some initial interest. There were posts about it's short comings, the single stack rounds, not much surface area to place an optic, too large for carry and the list goes on including a thread about trigger creep.

Used to be, people were interested in accuracy. This gun is one of of the most accurate production guns I've ever shot. The sights are excellent, it's light and it points really, really well. If I had to grab a gun from my nightstand and make a quick shot, I'd feel confident with a 210 carry. It's true, I don't have a light like I do on my 226 Legion SAO (another trigger that I like) or an optic, but if my life depended on it, 15 yds, and in, with a little practice, I'm feeling good about my chances. Each to his own, but I really like the Sig 210 Carry.

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 17, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
My 210 carry is with me a lot. It's by the bed also. I'm happy with everything about it. I have a target set up at 40 yards (torso size steel). The 210 carry and my 1911 9mm I can reliably make hits with the "limited" rounds.

they are both really classic looking pistols.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I recently picked one up and it lived up to the stigma of P210 accuracy. Only reason I haven't carried it yet is because I want to change out the sights and have a set of X-Ray 3's on order.

I have a few leather holsters that work with it but they are for other guns.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, even if its only an 8+1 gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my 210's. The Carry is among them. The American 210's are pretty decent examples of a 210. And they are very, very nice guns any way you wanna put it.

The only major downside is the sights. I replaced them with "better" night sights.

The gun feels good. Shoots great, excellent trigger.

Something more "revolutionary" from SIG with a rail, higher capacity would have been nice though.

But I'm happy with the gun.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only major downside is the sights.

100% agreed. This is where Sig dropped the ball on this gun in my opinion.

I have a set of X-Ray 3's on order that are due to arrive for it this week.

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm the opposite. Don't care for the X-rays and prefer the SIGLITE.

Q

Posts: 26186 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm the opposite. Don't care for the X-rays and prefer the SIGLITE.

I love the green outline front of the X-Rays, the rear X-Ray I don't care as much about. I might actually keep the Siglite rear in place as its white outline is easier to see during the day than the Xray rear.

posted Hide Post
Summer is a busy time and I have yet to have a truly skilled marksman shoot my P210 Carry with the expectation, from what several here have reported, that it is reasonably accurate - my poor shooting results may be entirely my fault. However, I continue to find it almost impossible to retract the slide without cocking the hammer first. No one else reports an issue. Got out force measuring instruments and it appears that it requires about 60 n (newtons) of force to take slide off of latch [something relatively reproduceable by others] and that it takes 20 n on the trigger to drop hammer. So the required trigger force is rather more than expected, but the force required to retract the slide (with hammer cocked) should be doable - even by me. So I need to attach sand-paper to sides of slide so I can apply needed force. [for reference: force in newtons times 0.2248 gives conventional force in pounds-force (lbf)]
Any one else have an issue with slide force? Mac

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the idea. Almost put money down a few times.

Have a HK P7. Same barrel length, same capacity.
Smaller carry package. can't retire the old girl for the 210

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any consensus or suggestions on who to use to install sights on a 210?

I often do them myself, but these look like they could be a challenge for me.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted a 210 Carry. But the 1100+ bucks for it canceled my desire. I would gone 750 or maybe 850 for it but not north of 1K.
Hope to find a used one eventually.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15988 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Any consensus or suggestions on who to use to install sights on a 210?

I often do them myself, but these look like they could be a challenge for me.

any competent gunsmith should be able to do it. They're standard SIG pistol sights.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I wanted a 210 Carry. But the 1100+ bucks for it canceled my desire. I would gone 750 or maybe 850 for it but not north of 1K.
Hope to find a used one eventually.
I’d love to find one for $1,100 cheapest I’ve seen online is $1,399

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig has a discount plan for NRA Instructors - below wholesale. Their WEB site has details.

Finally had some true experts fire P210 Carry: At least at short range, shoots about to point of aim. Trigger is quite a bit different in feel from that of the trigger on P210 Target. Creep to wall and noticeable overtravel. Noted by others that working the slide required more force than expected. Some of the slide force issue seems due to difficulty griping the slide (force normal to direction of movement). Factory 147 grain seems to provide lowest apparent recoil. Snappy with 115 grain Blazer Brass. [P210 Target owner - very long time Bullseye competitor and gunsmith person - declarered the the P210 Target was the best pistol he had ever fired and owned - and he is well acquainted with much improved 1911s.]
If enough P210 Cary pistols are sold, some real expert will disclose technique to fix the trigger.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post