SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new SS Springfield Garrison straight from SACS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new SS Springfield Garrison straight from SACS Login/Join 
posted
Springfield Custom shop knocked it out of the park!!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1460 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous- what did they tweak?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Gorgeous- what did they tweak?

Not a bunch just front strap checkering and refit a new slide stop which tightened up the whole gun and lockup. I never even shot it before I sent it in. I swear they tweaked it because the fitment came back so much nicer! I added the two piece Magwell and grips. Super simple and classy. Eats 230gr HST'S and Critical Duties like skittles.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1460 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like it. Simple and clean, without any extraneous markings or levers.

Posts: 33101 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like it. Simple and clean, without any extraneous markings or levers.

Thanks!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Luv the grips....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Luv the grips....................

Believe it or not I got them off Amazon.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
I have the blued Garrison. Great 1911 for the $$$.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's perfect.

Posts: 868 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I like it! As an added bonus, I’m pleased to hear that their Custom Shop is alive and well. From separate reports, I’d been under the impression that SACS was possibly no more; I’m glad that it appears my impression was mistaken.

Congrats on that 1911!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6735 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I like it! As an added bonus, I’m pleased to hear that their Custom Shop is alive and well. From separate reports, I’d been under the impression that SACS was possibly no more; I’m glad that it appears my impression was mistaken.

Congrats on that 1911!

Thanks. Yeah you have to call customer service then they will email you a pricing sheet for custom work.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
I'm not a 1911 guy but that looks very nicely done. Kind of like the Dan Wesson/CZ labeling "less is more" look/vibe.

Posts: 7072 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I'm not a 1911 guy but that looks very nicely done. Kind of like the Dan Wesson/CZ labeling "less is more" look/vibe.

Thanks

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
Very, very nice. The Garrison is a ton of gun for the money.

I own 3 SA 1911s, but I've never owned a stainless model. Looks fantastic.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice! Is that front strap checkering as cheese grating as the one on the TRP?

Q

Posts: 27604 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got the new TRP classic Commander model . I should have just done what you just did , I like it !

Posts: 941 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nice! Is that front strap checkering as cheese grating as the one on the TRP?

YUP!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm