SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Damn you, innovative Sig Sauer!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn you, innovative Sig Sauer! Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking at picking up another pistol for range, but possibly carry as well. Thinking striker fired so I can maintain trigger familiarity since many of my pistols are hammer fire.

I own several Sigs, but their customer service attitude (IME) leaves some to be desired, so I'd really like to choose a different brand for this purchase, but DAMN YOU SIG, your innovation makes it hard to look elsewhere.

I'm thinking I may go for the XCARRY Legion, because I thought that TGX frame on the X5 Legion I had for a while was pretty darned slick, and if I want something lighter, I can swap the grip module. And I LOVE the Spectre grip module. Also, the triggers are usually so much better than most striker fired pistols (except Walther PDP).

It just makes other brands seem "boring".

Does anyone suggestions on alternatives to Sig other than "just another plastic pistol"?

Cheers,

Paul

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 stuff from from S&W is pretty good.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m knee deep into the P320, but if I wanted another striker fired gun it would be one of the flavors from Walther. I think it would most likely be the Q4 SF or the Q5 Match SF that would scratch my itch. My obsession with having plenty of magazines and holsters for each firearm is thankfully the only reason I haven’t done it yet.

Posts: 2967 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Canik Mete SFT. I am truly amazed by this gun.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bow Commander:

You need to check out the Canik Rival.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bow Commander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by Bow Commander:

You need to check out the Canik Rival.

Oh I've held one. Has some differences from the Mete, but I can't stand the gold accents. Apparently there's a "dark side" one available in all black, so that's good.

Posts: 443 | Location: Springfield Oregon | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found a good deal on an XCARRY Legion. There I stood at the counter muttering under my breath (f**k Sig) as I pulled out my credit card.

I’ve always thought the Canik looked interesting, and they feel good and seem to have a decent trigger. For some reason I resist though. I may have to overcome that and give them a try.

One parameter occurred to me for this role is being optics ready and having cowitness height high viz (not blackout) sights. For that the HK VP9 Tactical OR comes to mind. I have a USP9 expert and it is just fantastic!

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Walther. They have plastic and metal models, target and duty models, great triggers and ergonomics, excellent CS, and reasonably affordable magazines when compared to Sig too.

Edited to add that they are completely reliable too.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ is the underdog in striker guns. They are worth a look. I too have been looking at Caniks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Not striker fired but this week I walked into a gun shop in College Station and they had a Smith CSX. 12+1 rds, AL frame, hammer fired, with ambi safety!

I had no idea this existed but as a Shield 1.0 owner it felt great and the safety was fantastic. I may skip the Shield Plus and pick this up.

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the Beretta APX. I have a full size and a Centurion. Both feel great in the hand and have the best factory trigger of any striker fired pistol I own (Glock, S&W, Sig).

The prices I see them going for now are really low also.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Walther. They have plastic and metal models, target and duty models, great triggers and ergonomics, excellent CS, and reasonably affordable magazines when compared to Sig too.

Edited to add that they are completely reliable too.

I had a PDP it was great. I would have no problem recommending it to anyone. I bought a bunch of pistols in the midst of an identity crisis but recently sold most of them to fund pistols fitting a more aligned with a more specific goal I developed over time.