SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Colt King Cobra .22 LR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Colt King Cobra .22 LR Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

Here's a pic of my new King Cobra. I now have an unfired 4" Anaconda, a 3" Python, and the King Cobra. I'm going to rectify that this next week...

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking revolver! Please provide a range report, curious to hear how it performs.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet. I posted in the S&W 617 thread about my experience with that revolver and one of my complaints was the black front sight. Looks like yours would fix that with the fiber optic sight.

I purchased a King Cobra, 3”, .357 around the same time I got the S&W 617. I wish I’d have got the .22 like yours, even though my Colt King Cobra .357 gives all my K-frame Smiths a run for their money in the action/accuracy/finish department.

I look forward to your experience with it. Thanks.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
My new favorite hands down. So much so in fact, that I'm probably going to sell my 10 shot S&W 17-8. This Colt is the perfect packing .22 - just long enough to reach out and be accurate, yet small enough to have along all the time. Hits where I shoot, 10 shots, great sights...it's a Colt...that's all I need.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Congrats. There’s just something special about that vent rib.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. I do wonder, though, why Colt would put wooden grips on the 357 and rubber on the 22?

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Beautiful looking revolver. I have been eyeing these. What S&W frame size do these compare to? (J, K, etc).

Thanks.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Nice gun. I do wonder, though, why Colt would put wooden grips on the 357 and rubber on the 22?

Colt did put wood on the .357 King Cobra Target with adjustable sights and all other versions of the King Cobra got fixed sights and rubber. The smaller .22 King Cobra (not labeled target on Colt's sight) got rubber but also got the adjustable sights.

Typical Colt weirdness. Some sellers do refer to it as a .22 King Cobra Target.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The triggers are quite nice on the newer guns and they look really sharp. Just wish they would do a blued gun but I am sure the costs would be pricey to pass on.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

The King Cobra .22 seems to be about the size of the S & W "K" frame. In other words...perfect! Wish they would have put wood grips on the King Cobra...Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the response. Since you own both, what frame does the Python compare to? I have never owned, or even held, a Colt revolver. But I plan on getting a new 2.5" Python and possibly this .22 this year.

I am a Smith guy and the 'K' frame is my favorite (although the 2.5" 'L' frame 686 I owned was nice). I also have an 'N' frame Highway Patrolman that is a monster (in a good way).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm eyeballing a King Cobra .22 myself. I'd also like to get my hands on a 4" Anaconda.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I'm a "Smith Guy", but get one of the new Colts! They are very well made...you won't regret it.

Wes

Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
Just picked one up as well ... range this weekend. I love the feel. Have had a couple of 617s and never fell in love with them. Now to find some nice wood grips!

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The King Cobra is similar (but slightly smaller) in size to a K Frame S&W. Bigger than the J Frame.

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In size, apparently its similar to a Diamondback.
Like an idiot, I sold my .22 Diamondback! Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post