SIGforum
I shouldn’t have looked… LGS find

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8600002225

September 16, 2026, 05:42 PM
Shack
I shouldn’t have looked… LGS find
I was at my local LGS picking up a transfer… saw this and couldn’t say no. It’s been fired, but has no exterior blemishes





September 16, 2026, 06:07 PM
nhracecraft
I disagree...It's a good thing you looked. It appears to be unissued, AND chambered in .357 SIG no less! Cool

That's an incredible 'Take My Money' find right there! It definitely would've followed me home if I had seen it.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 16, 2026, 06:29 PM
wacopolumbo
That’s awesome! I have been accumulating P229s this summer and more than half have been 40/357. Nice pick-up!

I purchased a 2015 P229R from Basspro in NC today. It’ll be ready for pick up at my Hampton VA Basspro on Monday.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
September 16, 2026, 07:03 PM
Shack
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.



September 16, 2026, 07:24 PM
12131
Great pick up. Do you plan to convert the DAK?


Q






September 16, 2026, 08:00 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.

The fact that it is a DAK Pistol leads me to believe it was NOT a commemorative pistol but rather originally purchased by the NCSHP as a Duty Weapon, especially since the NCSHP has a history w/ SIGs chambered in .357 SIG. The fact that it is void of any exterior blemishes (has zero holster wear, etc) leads me to believe it was 'unissued' by the NCSHP.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
September 16, 2026, 08:23 PM
Shack
No. I’m not going to carry this and I don’t mind dak if I just take it to the range.



September 17, 2026, 05:46 AM
Udo
Nice find!
September 17, 2026, 06:25 AM
Blue Dog
Nice find. Can't go wrong with e 229
September 17, 2026, 07:13 AM
got2hav1
Being from NC, I completely approve. That's a nice one. I'd have left with that one myself.


JEREMIAH 33:3
September 17, 2026, 08:43 AM
Shack
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.

The fact that it is a DAK Pistol leads me to believe it was NOT a commemorative pistol but rather originally purchased by the NCSHP as a Duty Weapon, especially since the NCSHP has a history w/ SIGs chambered in .357 SIG. The fact that it is void of any exterior blemishes (has zero holster wear, etc) leads me to believe it was 'unissued' by the NCSHP.


The more I thought about your suggestion of unissued, the more it does make sense. Especially, with the condition of the case and its contents.



September 17, 2026, 10:32 AM
ibanda
That's a clean find!




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
September 17, 2026, 05:59 PM
Shack
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.





September 17, 2026, 07:52 PM
wacopolumbo
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.



Another cool find! You are on a roll!


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
September 17, 2026, 08:01 PM
Vaftocr
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.


Did you trip over an unclaimed HK USP in the parking lot and take it home as well. Seriously, those are 2 awesome hammer fired pistols. Great pickup. I have never seen that Beretta before. I’m going to keep an eye out for one of those.
September 18, 2026, 10:24 AM
Shack
Well… II guess we don’t post about all the stores we visit and find nothing. From what I’ve read, this was the only.357 that Beretta produced.



September 18, 2026, 11:19 AM
bnz42
That's a very nice find.
Congratulations.
September 18, 2026, 02:55 PM
inspcalahan
Both great guns to bring home! .357sig in a P229 and a P239 are the perfect combo.
September 18, 2026, 03:10 PM
1KPerDay
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.


Did you trip over an unclaimed HK USP in the parking lot and take it home as well. Seriously, those are 2 awesome hammer fired pistols. Great pickup. I have never seen that Beretta before. I’m going to keep an eye out for one of those.
the first Mission Impossible features one FYI. Great pistol.


---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
September 19, 2026, 08:46 AM
TheFrontRange
Congratulations!

I found a gently-used P229R in 9mm locally for what I felt like was a proverbial song - it’s (to me) a near-ideal 9mm. Paired with a Milt Sparks VM-2, it carries extremely well



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza