SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I shouldn’t have looked… LGS find
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I shouldn’t have looked… LGS find Login/Join 
Member
posted
I was at my local LGS picking up a transfer… saw this and couldn’t say no. It’s been fired, but has no exterior blemishes




 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I disagree...It's a good thing you looked. It appears to be unissued, AND chambered in .357 SIG no less! Cool

That's an incredible 'Take My Money' find right there! It definitely would've followed me home if I had seen it.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11249 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! I have been accumulating P229s this summer and more than half have been 40/357. Nice pick-up!

I purchased a 2015 P229R from Basspro in NC today. It’ll be ready for pick up at my Hampton VA Basspro on Monday.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1737 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.



 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great pick up. Do you plan to convert the DAK?


Q






 
Posts: 31438 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.

The fact that it is a DAK Pistol leads me to believe it was NOT a commemorative pistol but rather originally purchased by the NCSHP as a Duty Weapon, especially since the NCSHP has a history w/ SIGs chambered in .357 SIG. The fact that it is void of any exterior blemishes (has zero holster wear, etc) leads me to believe it was 'unissued' by the NCSHP.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11249 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
No. I’m not going to carry this and I don’t mind dak if I just take it to the range.



 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Nice find!
 
Posts: 1807 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Nice find. Can't go wrong with e 229
 
Posts: 1673 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Being from NC, I completely approve. That's a nice one. I'd have left with that one myself.


JEREMIAH 33:3
 
Posts: 3221 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
I don’t know about unissued, but it’s in great condition.

It’s a good time to pick them up. There are definitely some good deals out there.

The fact that it is a DAK Pistol leads me to believe it was NOT a commemorative pistol but rather originally purchased by the NCSHP as a Duty Weapon, especially since the NCSHP has a history w/ SIGs chambered in .357 SIG. The fact that it is void of any exterior blemishes (has zero holster wear, etc) leads me to believe it was 'unissued' by the NCSHP.


The more I thought about your suggestion of unissued, the more it does make sense. Especially, with the condition of the case and its contents.



 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
That's a clean find!




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2465 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.




 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.



Another cool find! You are on a roll!


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1737 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.


Did you trip over an unclaimed HK USP in the parking lot and take it home as well. Seriously, those are 2 awesome hammer fired pistols. Great pickup. I have never seen that Beretta before. I’m going to keep an eye out for one of those.
 
Posts: 239 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well… II guess we don’t post about all the stores we visit and find nothing. From what I’ve read, this was the only.357 that Beretta produced.



 
Posts: 159 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: May 11, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice find.
Congratulations.
 
Posts: 300 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Both great guns to bring home! .357sig in a P229 and a P239 are the perfect combo.
 
Posts: 928 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
There is a little more to the story. There was another pistol right next to the p229 that caught my attention. I didn’t really know anything about it yesterday when I saw it. So I studied up on it last night and went back to take a look. Its condition is no where near the p229s, but I was intrigued enough to pick it up. It’s a Beretta 8357 Cougar.


Did you trip over an unclaimed HK USP in the parking lot and take it home as well. Seriously, those are 2 awesome hammer fired pistols. Great pickup. I have never seen that Beretta before. I’m going to keep an eye out for one of those.
the first Mission Impossible features one FYI. Great pistol.


---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
 
Posts: 3759 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I found a gently-used P229R in 9mm locally for what I felt like was a proverbial song - it’s (to me) a near-ideal 9mm. Paired with a Milt Sparks VM-2, it carries extremely well



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 6923 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I shouldn’t have looked… LGS find

© SIGforum 2026