SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendation for night sights for P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for night sights for P226 Login/Join 
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted
The 15+ year old Trijicon night sights on my 226 are shot - no discernible light. What do you recommend as replacements considering the technology has likely improved?

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Trijicon HD

Yep

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Trijicon Bright and Tough.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to Bar-Dot or Dot-Dot like Heinie Straight-8's.

FWIW, if you got the pistol used, there is the SIG Service Plan where you get new factory NS, springs and armorer overhaul for $145. Might be worth considering.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new Sig X-ray sights are great.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
If you would be happy with those same sights, Trijicon will install new lamps for just $20 a lamp. Just ship them the slide and save on shipping costs. I have done two pistols that way, it’s a bargain.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm absolutely loving the big orange dot of my Trijicon HDs and (finances permitting) will eventually put them on everything I own.

Posts: 279 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I've got a P320C and my P365's have the Siglite sights which came standard.

But I've swapped out mt older guns to Trijicon HD XR's with the orange ring surrounding the tritium center.

And, if I weren't such a cheap horn, I would have already swapped out the P320 and 365's with the Trijicons.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD, not a doubt.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I like regular SIG Siglight sights, the X-ray sights are ok too...

BUT on a "Nightstand Gun" what's immensely more important is a good weapon light. Nights sights are fine for low/moderate light but if you can't see your target night sights aren't going to do you any good.

In fact, with a good light night sights aren't needed at all.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
X-Ray for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the factory ones as they are pretty cheap. CDNN has a Sig front night sight for only $17.00 right now.

***Just FYI, CDNN also has ebay auctions and their shipping is cheaper if you only buy one thing. I had to order one part just a couple days ago and found out about it.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trijicon HD

I'll 2nd, 3rd or what are we up to now? the HD's. I have them on every Sig and Glock I own, except for the Sigs that came stock with Siglites or X-Ray's. When they go bad, I will upgrade with HD's.

I prefer the XR's myself. I have them on my 17 Gillie and they are most excellent!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a 3-dot guy myself. I prefer dot over dot, dot over post or even dot with a blank black rear. Ameriglo Pro i-dot is my preferred tritium option, plus they're less pricey than something comparable from Trijicon, like their 3-dot HD ($40 to $50 savings usually). Ameriglo also offers an HD-like 3-dot, with the orange halo around the front tube. Like the HD, it's easy for the eye to pick up the front sight. And like the Pro i-dot, at retail they're typically less money than the HD. It took a while for Ameriglo to offer sights for SIGs, but they're now a fairly reliable source and option for classic SIGs.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trijicon HD

Another fan here...

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the enemy is in range, so are you...

Posts: 185 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I tried a set of Trijicon HD XR sights with an orange dot on my M11-A1 and stuck another set on my 226 Legion.
Which had Ameriglow I-dots that I swapped for the X-ray3.

I have a set of XS RAM sights on my P220 that I like too.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the NightFision and the Xray3s. The Xray3s are very good value if you are happy with black rear white dot and green/white for front either round or square notch rears. Currently around $79 at Top Gun or MGW. Bought a round and a square past few days.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post