SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA 9mm Dagger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA 9mm Dagger Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Get the PSA flyers daily, these keeps popping up, looks interesting, EXTREME CARRY CUTS RMR SLIDE, & AMERIGLO LOWER 1/3 CO-WITNESS SIGHTS, BLACK WITH PSA SOFT CASE, basically a G19 clone.

Curious if anyone has bought one, how it worked, for $379, seems like a good deal.

PSA Dagger Link

Posts: 23445 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I’m going to watch some YouTube reviews on it.

Just be prepared for the “I’d rather spend the extra money and get the Glock instead” comments just like they are for the Magpul Glock mags. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I have one, but not enough trigger time to say anything interesting. FWIW, the bare bones model should still be $299.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah the comments will come regardless of the disclaimer that its purpose isn't about finding a clone, nor one to carry to defend myself during TEOTWAWKI or whatever the hell the acronym is today,

At the price point, especially $299, and PSA having a decent rep it would make an interesting range toy.

Just interested if anyone has one, shot it, did it work, would you buy it again etc

Posts: 23445 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The primary draw of the Dagger is that it takes Glock mags, and you can mod it to your heart's content w/ aftermarket Gen3 compatible Glock parts.

If you want something to use out of the box as-is, there are IMHO better choices around the same price point by manufacturers such as Arex, Canik, Sarsilmaz, and Stoeger, and they come w/ two mags.

The Dagger is still new, so I don't know if I'd rate it above the Taurus G3 series. The G3 TORO is optic-ready and costs less than the Dagger.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I’ve handled a couple, they feel okay. The biggest complaint I see about it is that the pins start walking after shooting it. Otherwise, it looks and feels like a decent pistol for the money.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Apparently the factory did go back and solve the walking pins problem.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Handled one the other day but did not shoot it. Feels much better in the hand than a Glock. Grip texture is just right.
However it is without a doubt the worst feeling trigger I have ever dry fired

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might make a decent gun to stash in the garage or somewhere that might come in handy some time?

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
This pistol may be based on a Glock 19, but the trigger looks a lot more like an S&W than a Glock trigger.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
you can mod it to your heart's content w/ aftermarket Gen3 compatible Glock parts.

That might make it worth doing, something to do mods to

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
you can mod it to your heart's content w/ aftermarket Gen3 compatible Glock parts.

That might make it worth doing, something to do mods to

That's why it has such a crappy trigger. PSA knows their target market will change it out anyway. And for those who don't, PSA can say, "Well the trigger isn't any worse than the S&W SD9VE's," which is its competition at $300.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The trigger to the SD9VE was like dragging a baby grand piano through wet sand. It was fucking awful.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The trigger to the SD9VE was like dragging a baby grand piano through wet sand. It was fucking awful.

My stepmom had one, briefly. The trigger was the biggest complaint.
It was replaced with a P365MS.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

And the Dagger’s makes that feel like a treat!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got some range time with a buddy yesterday.
Got the Q karma AR out & he had his KS7 as well (posted on their respective threads).

He also has a FDE Dagger with a RDS on it & threaded bbl. Other than being way off & needing some sighting in, it's a decent pistol to shoot.
Something about the G19 just doesn't work for my hand, have tried 3 different G19 & my fil's 45GAP, just doesn't work.

The Dagger feels better in hand, and shoots better, for me, than a G19.
No trigger complaints on his, a bit of take-up slack, IIRC, but otherwise shoots well.

The stock Magpul mags worked well, as did the ETS & Magpul extended for his AR9 (tried in the Dagger to eliminate them as the feed issue in the AR9)

Only malfunctions were a couple FTE (stovepipe, out the side), which I've seen similar with my college roommate's G19, that I was unable to replicate (limpwrist?), and 1 lockup failure.
Round was 99% in battery & it locked the slide. Needed the steel target stand to press against to extract. No obvious damage to the round & it fired fine after reloading.

For $299 not a bad choice. Would've bought over my KT P11 had it been an option back then.
As a BUG or go-bag option, I could see having one. But I like my P320 better, so a Dagger wo t be displacing it anytime soon.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post