SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taurus TX22 - a winner??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus TX22 - a winner?? Login/Join 
Picture of trickedtrix
posted
After reading the latest blurb in Guns 'n' Ammo about this pistol my curiosity peaked.

I've been researching, watching youtube reviews. So far, I'm not hearing much, if any, negativity on this plinker. Anyone have any experiences to share?

I haven't been impressed with most .22LR auto offerings besides the Ruger Mark series. I like the idea of a striker fired mid-size pistol with 16 rounds in the mag. Sounds like a riot at the range

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It just came out and thus there is not enough info on how reliability and durability will be for the long term. Personally I would go with a M&P 22 or Walther PPQ 22 for not that much more if looking for a combat style .22 pistol near that price range.

Posts: 9741 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I had a Taurus pistol several years ago. I wouldn’t trust my life to anything they make. That’s my personal opinion.

A gun mag’s opinion means nothing to me since they take advertising dollars.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to the recall and rumors of Indian steel, I've heard a number of people refer to SIG's as "shitty Indian guns." That makes about as much sense. Taurus has made some bad guns, but, in my experience, they've stood behind them. They replaced a revolver I simply wore out. I had a Model 66 with light primer strikes-they paid shipping both ways and repaired it. The company is innovative and responsive to customer desires. If you've had a negative experience, that is unfortunate. Mine have been positive, including the Taurus PT 92c I've owned and shot for decades.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion but I have 3 Taurus firearms and never had any problems with them. Also I am betting that some of the people in the firearm world that keep saying the phrase "I would not trust my life or my family's life to an inexpensive unsafe Taurus firearm" are the same people that they themselves and their family members are driving around in some of these so called safe GM or Ford vehicles instead of driving around in a Volvo. Just my rant and opinion. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I had a Taurus pistol several years ago. I wouldn’t trust my life to anything they make. That’s my personal opinion.

The OP is talking about a .22LR, and stated "plinker" so, I assume it's not an SD gun, or we'd be having a totally different conversation.

Let the man have some fun!!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I might be willing to give it a chance.

I almost passed on a sweet deal on a Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced because "everybody" was so negative about it, just because it was a Remington. So what "everybody" says no longer holds a lot of weight with me.

I've been wanting a "combat-style" .22 LR. Was thinking probably the Walther PPQ 22.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
A couple guys posting in Taurus TX-22 or M&P22 Compact (The Firing Line Forums) really like theirs.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link to the other thread, sorry for jibjab

yea this gun would be solely for fun, i don't know anyone relying on a .22 for SD, good luck to them

I think I'm gonna pick one up, nothing beats shootin' expired canned food with a .22 on a Saturday morning Wink

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
I think I'm gonna pick one up, nothing beats shootin' expired canned food with a .22 on a Saturday morning Wink

Be the forum's Guinea Pig Smile. Make sure to have a variety of ammo--from sub-sonic target stuff to CCI Mini-Mags, Remington or whatever bulk pack, etc., and let us know how it handles them.

The thing that scares me about a .22 LR pistol like this is they tend to be notoriously picky about ammo.

Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I have one but have only put about 100 rounds through it in one session. The rear sight needed to be adjusted but I didn’t have any other issues.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post