SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else get the notice about the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro red dot sight?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else get the notice about the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro red dot sight? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes, my understanding it the to remove or replace slide you have to unscrew (remove) the battery compartment.

I think I won’t like it but I am dying to see this and the ACRO in person.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's just to remove the slide from the pistol? Ouch.

I was thinking in terms of field stripping the slide; removing the end plate, striker, extractor parts, etc, for cleaning or inspection/replacement.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah interesting idea but not what I'd want for my purposes. Wont work in a duty holster above LVL 1, makes it taller and "mas printy" during IWB and smaller eyebox as a sight. This seems like a step sideways or backwards, I would have understood it as an evolutionary step forward only if this was about 10 years ago. Cool for the folks who like it and as always its neat to have options but this is not for me. I believe I would prefer the SAS sight and that I'd come out with reasonably similar results but in a smaller package that offers far more benefits.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched Leupold’s video again. They said “very important” to remove battery when installing or removing slide or damage to battery compartment will occur.

Watching the video I really don’t like that this is basically held in place by two set screws. Not even dimpled. I think the next design would be the dovetail mount has mounting screw holes and instead of centering sight on dovetail mount you just fucking center the dovetail mount period and then actually screw into mount which is friction fit into actual dovetail.

Seriously, it’s like the Leupold guys are half drunk sometimes. It’s like nobody ever raised their hand in design meetings and said “hold on a sec”. And before you guys say Leupold are the experts I will remind you that they have laid some serious design eggs and head scratchers in the past. Aimpoint would have thought this out better. Probably Trijicon as well.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Back up for additional comments from the optics fans.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bloody shame that they couldn't get the battery compartment high enough to avoid having to remove that assembly every time the gun has to be field stripped. Yeah...I can perhaps see ham-fisted, mangled and stripped threads in its future, maybe a few lost caps and CR1632 batteries out in the woods. I suppose that it's best hoped that there will never be a need to remove the slide in order to get one's gun back into some firefight... Wink

It may not be a CR2032, but at least the Micro's battery has almost 3 times the mAH of the CR1225 of the Acro. Aimpoint really missed on that one, with so many guys saying that a battery change is a monthly thing (if lasting that long) with any power setting that's remotely usable for most daylight lighting conditions. Given the Micro's motion-detect circuitry I really don't see how this one's battery will come close to lasting 3.5 years as claimed if mounted on a EDC firearm, unless the person doing the carrying normally lives life like a statue...or has a career as a live mannequin model.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
still waiting for them to start shipping....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'm getting tired of waiting. It's an announced product. And Leupold's website seems to suggest it's available for purchase, providing links to authorized retailers.

But it's been a couple of months since I've submitted an order and no signs of shipping still.

Perhaps this is paper product? They are no longer taking this to market? Or what gives? Last minute design changes? Geez. Disappointing.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if they are taking feedback that could be a good thing because as is I think this thing will be a dog.

Same engineers who worked on the windage and elevation set screws on the original DP. Lol.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
woohoo. seems like the DP Micro is finally in stock. Looking forward to trying one soon.