SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Website not helpful: what is dif- Nitron vs Elite?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Website not helpful: what is dif- Nitron vs Elite? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

Looking at the P226 series on the Sig website, and I can't get any idea of what the difference is between the three 226 models of the Nitron, Elite and MK25.

Other than the visual: the MK25 has traditional grips while the other two have the E2 grips, the MK 25 has an anchor etched on it, and the Elite has a beavertail in the frame.

It seems they all have the same trigger. Do any have the SRT system installed?

Does the MK25 follow the P220 Combat with the phosphated internals?

Are the barrels different between them [chrome lined vs not, for example?]

They all seem to have the same trigger- so none have the short reach trigger blade installed [thin trigger], correct?

I am just trying to figure out the differences- and their website only gives visual cues as to the differences.

Oh- and Sig? Boo! No more P220s that are CA compliant?

[everyone- I realize only the Nitron P226 is CA listed of the three I mentioned]. The Legion description is useful, as is the Equinox.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MK, Nitron and Elite are all CA approved, per Sig's site.

The Elite has the SRT trigger, front slide serrations and beavertail.

The MK has a 1913 rail, while the other two have Sig rails.
MK comes with 3 mags, while the other two come with 2 mags.

All models have standard reach triggers, carbon steel barrels and Siglite night sights.

As you pointed out, Nitron and Elite have E2 grips. And beavertail on the Elite.

You can get differences by hitting the right/left arrows for a quick comparision.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post