SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a Custom Works FCU, now I need to figure out which slides have the newer optics cut?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a Custom Works FCU, now I need to figure out which slides have the newer optics cut? Login/Join 
posted
So I got a Custom Works FCU finally and will use a black AXG aluminum grip.

Not decided on the slide yet but if I get one from Sig I want to make sure it has the latest optics cut that fits the DPP/Romeo1P and has the tapped holes for the RMR as well.

From the pictures I've seen, this cut is on "Pro" slides with the rear sight dovetail, not the sight plate slides. Sig has X-RXP slides with pre-installed R1P, Pro Cut slides, and X-Optics Ready slides. Anyone know which has the RMR holes? I'd ask Sig but I'm not confident they will give a correct answer.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I was told the slides with rear dovetails, cover plates that are marked X-Series have the RMR holes drilled. You'll need 6-40 screws and a CHPWS filler plate though.

For what it's worth, the Sig X-Ray3 Suppressor Sights co-witness great with an RMR.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks looks great! What is the plate for? Can't you just go direct to the slide? I have a set of X-Ray suppressor sights too (tried front on M17 with DPP but still too short) so working with those is priority.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
^^^ Thanks looks great! What is the plate for? Can't you just go direct to the slide? I have a set of X-Ray suppressor sights too (tried front on M17 with DPP but still too short) so working with those is priority.

No problem. Thank you.

You need the filler plate to fill the gap in the front. There is a small gap between the front of the optic cut and where the RMR will sit. It was cut to fit the DPP or R1Pro which are a tiny bit longer. Also, there are no indexing lugs cut for the RMR/Holosun optics. The only thing holding the optic in place are the screws. The optic could in theory shift under recoil or sheer off. The plate is aluminum and fills the gap plus provides indexing lugs. It's very thig too. They provide you with the 6-40 screws as well.

https://chpws.com/product/sig-...-for-rmr-sro-holosun

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post