SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 slides-interchangeable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 slides-interchangeable? Login/Join 
posted
I have a P365 and P365 XL. I had always heard (never had reason to try it) that the slide from the XL would fit and function on the P365 and the 365 slide would fit and function on the XL.

I was considering purchasing a slide from an X with a red dot to use on one or the other, from time to time-not all the time.

Went to Google and found myself on You-Tube watching a guy who said I need a punch, a hammer and had to change the FCU, etc.

Not wanting to do ANY work so before I just write this idea off, I thought I'd ask.

Will an X-slide fit and function on either of my 365s?

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's pretty much interchangeable. Also, if you get the Macro grip and magazines, then you'd have a sub-compact, compact & full-size setup.

And, yes you probably need to use a punch to pop out the rear pin to change out a FCU or to install a FCU.

The Sig P320 & P365 series are probably the most interchangeable systems out right now in terms of grip, slide, FCU, safety (manual vs. non-manual) options.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will an X-slide fit and function on either of my 365s?

Yes, Bob.

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I wasn't clear. I can't imagine WHY I'd want to change the FCU. Nor do I want a Macro.

All I was wanting to do is remove the slide from one of my 365s-either the XL or the standard size, take out the recoil spring assembly and the barrel, pop them in the X slide and slide it onto my frame, add the mag and be ready to start shooting.

Anyone know whether I can do this with one or both of the 365s?

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it works.

I have a few p365 and mix-and-match slides.

There is just one size P365 FCU.

The reason you may want to change the FCU out is to change grip modules.

You may want an FCU with a straight trigger rather than a curved trigger, a longer grip, or a third-party grip module, etc.

I have a Wison Combat Grip, a Sig P365XL grip, and a couple of P365 standard grip modules.

Everything is mix and match.

Magazines for short grips do not fit longer grips unless you get adapter plates,
but the longer magazines fit the shorter grips, they just stick out below the grip.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I was wanting to do is remove the slide from one of my 365s-either the XL or the standard size, take out the recoil spring assembly and the barrel, pop them in the X slide and slide it onto my frame, add the mag and be ready to start shooting.

Anyone know whether I can do this with one or both of the 365s?

The X slide is identical in size to the original P365 slide. So, yes, use the barrel and RSA from the original P365 and stick them in the X slide, slide the upper onto the lower and start shooting. But, the barrel and RSA from your XL, being larger/longer, will not work with the smaller X slide.

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
wondering, would the .380 be an exception? Would the .380 slide go on the 9 ??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, thank you all very much. I think I got it-okay, I'm a little slow, but....

I didn't think the barrel from one or the other would work, didn't know which one, having never seen an X gun or a Macro gun (I assume they exist as a gun, just never looked for one or saw one.

Thank you again,

Bob

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Bob, I recommend you bookmark handgunhero.com. Great website to help you compare handguns face-to-face.

Here is the comparison of the original P365 to the P365X. P365 v. P365X. The uppers are identical in sizes. The only real difference is in the grip frames..

Q

posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks, Q, that's a great site and I am already using it.

Bob

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anytime, my friend. Cool

Q

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
As others have said, yes.

I swapped my P365 and P65xl slides to create a P365L and a P365X (before the X model was introduced) and they both worked flawlessly.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post