SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MCarbo P365 spring kit - my Frankenstein-Specter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCarbo P365 spring kit - my Frankenstein-Specter Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I picked up a Specter XL (non-comp) slide assembly from the classifieds and ordered a Sig Custom Works FCU from Brownells along with a Wilson Combat XL grip a PSP gold nitride trigger, a Tactical Dev pic rail & a couple MagGuts magazine upgrade kits.
I have the MCarbo spring kit, anyone installed it & what was / is your experience ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the Mcarbo parts but that is a really nice looking pistol you have there.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity, how is the trigger on your Custom Works FCU out of the box? I wouldn't think you would need to install the spring kit if it feels good but if it's one with a squishy trigger people complain about, then I would be interested in knowing if the spring kit cured it.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I put the MCarbo spring kit in my regular P365 and it was great for about 1000 rds. Then it started getting light primer strikes and I reinstalled the stock springs. Lots of other reports on this. You're good for about 1000 rds. But then the kit is cheap and it's just as much work to install a new MCarbo kit as to reinstall the stock springs.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I put the MCarbo spring kit in my regular P365 and it was great for about 1000 rds. Then it started getting light primer strikes and I reinstalled the stock springs. Lots of other reports on this. You're good for about 1000 rds. But then the kit is cheap and it's just as much work to install a new MCarbo kit as to reinstall the stock springs.

I think the main culprit for the light primer strikes was/is the reduced power striker spring.

I used Armory Craft Reduced Weight Striker Block Spring (-25%) and the Reduced Weight Sear Spring (-25%)

I didn’t buy the reduced power striker spring.

Cleaned up the trigger nicely.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I may wind up going the Armory Craft route then.
Is there any part of the Mcarbo kits worth installing? I have two kits & four P365s.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I can't comment on the Mcarbo parts but that is a really nice looking pistol you have there.

I particluarly like the Wilson Combat grip module. I have it on two of my P320s. Really, like it.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I installed the MCarbo kit sans the striker spring. I didn't want to sacrifice reliable ignition for the small benefit of a lighter striker spring. This set up improved the trigger sufficiently for my needs. I think I'd have the same hesitation with the Army Craft kit.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I put M-Carbo spring kits in a 365 and 365X. I found them easy enough to install and greatly improved the trigger pull on both.

Edit to add no reliability issues with either gun

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post