SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New-to-me P220ST
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New-to-me P220ST Login/Join 
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted
P220 ST G3540XX

220C-45-SSS-G, but I thought she was a 220R-45-RTSS. I traded a P220 Compact SAO (220C3-45-BSSP-SAO) for her.






Nifty, low mileage gun. Needs an SRT.
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The slide could have been refinished in black. Maybe Nitron by SIG.


Q






 
Posts: 31461 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The slide could have been refinished in black. Maybe Nitron by SIG.


Hoping to get an answer from Sig CS tomorrow.

Are we certain Sig never made a two-tone gun like that?
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I love the steel framed Sigs, especially the P220ST.
 
Posts: 4622 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BKLYNIRISH:
Are we certain Sig never made a two-tone gun like that?

Yes they did, both in full size and carry versions. But, their labels are correctly “RTSS”, not “SSS”.
“SSS” like on your box label should indicate an all natural stainless gun.


Q






 
Posts: 31461 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If the box label matches the pistol’s SN# then as Q stated above the pistol should be all natural stainless.

Love this pistol in two tone all stainless. Beautiful pistol.
 
Posts: 3656 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
If the box label matches the pistol’s SN# then as Q stated above the pistol should be all natural stainless.

Love this pistol in two tone all stainless. Beautiful pistol.


So it's likely that someone had the slide Nitron'd afterwards?

In any event, I really like it. That's how a two-tone should be.
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I love reverse two-tone SIGs. So much that I once had SIG Nitron my X6 L1 slide. It's no longer in my collection.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,


Q






 
Posts: 31461 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BKLYNIRISH:


So it's likely that someone had the slide Nitron'd afterwards?

In any event, I really like it. That's how a two-tone should be.


Unless Sig can say they did, you'll probably never know, they could have just swapped slides as well.
 
Posts: 3802 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
"Your serial number pre-dates our database, which only goes back to 2005-2006.  Unfortunately, we have no information regarding that serial number.  We do not have access to German production numbers and apologize for the inconvenience."
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Great choice! I just bought a 2007 built Sig P220 ST 2 months ago. Like yours, mine has the internal extractor. I had issues with FTE’s and doing the live round extractor test extractor barely held the 230 gr round. Called SIG got a free label, shipped it on a Tuesday and it was back home in 1 week with a new extractor! Sig still does have the internal extractors in case you have issues. Gray guns has a $200 fix, I’m not quite sure what exactly he does, but it’s awesome Sig still will service it for free. Hopefully you’ll be good to go, but in case you do, you’ll be covered! Enjoy, it’s a fantastic, accurate .45!
 
Posts: 156 | Location: Kyle Texas | Registered: August 23, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey717:
Great choice! I just bought a 2007 built Sig P220 ST 2 months ago. Like yours, mine has the internal extractor. I had issues with FTE’s and doing the live round extractor test extractor barely held the 230 gr round. Called SIG got a free label, shipped it on a Tuesday and it was back home in 1 week with a new extractor! Sig still does have the internal extractors in case you have issues. Gray guns has a $200 fix, I’m not quite sure what exactly he does, but it’s awesome Sig still will service it for free. Hopefully you’ll be good to go, but in case you do, you’ll be covered! Enjoy, it’s a fantastic, accurate .45!


I have sent ten P-series guns to Sig for the SSP, AEP, and SRT treatment (220s, 226s, and a 229,) and this one will go as well. To be honest, though, I don't think they'll be able to improve the action, so this will be more of a "please look her over, replace the night sights, fix anything else that needs fixing" trip.
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Nice!!
 
Posts: 1874 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

While it may be a bit smaller, I have a P238 in the same reverse two tone finish.




 
Posts: 10485 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
Off to Sig for the Sig Service Package (w/ X-Ray night sights) and Short Reset Trigger.

She will also be evaluated an Action Enhancement. They said that sometimes with older firearms, the internal parts will not be able to be polished and honed. Ten of my Classic P-series guns have been to Sig, and most times they sent back a little bag with the parts they couldn't polish/gone.

Truth be told, I'm not sure they can make the DA pull and better, but I'd let them try.

They'll get two more guns from me for similar treatment- P220 SSE and a P226 ASE 9mm- and then I'm calling it quits.
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/photos/...paU-ySsRSKyrtlbGxLsG

Here's my factory RTT in carry size.
 
Posts: 237 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sean7:
https://www.amazon.com/photos/...paU-ySsRSKyrtlbGxLsG

Here's my factory RTT in carry size.


That is mighty slick!
 
Posts: 75 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New-to-me P220ST

© SIGforum 2026