SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lost the CMP Lottery 1911A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost the CMP Lottery 1911A1 Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
My wife got in on the 3rd round and was really hoping for a Colt or Ithaca. I was lucky enough to get a correct 1945 Remington Rand. Unfortunately, she received a complete mixmaster with 1945 Remington frame. Funny, people say oh its a great piece of history but no one wants to trade their Colt or Ithaca for this one Roll Eyes . Pretty disappointing for $1200 but at least we have a shooter.

1945 Remington Rand frame
San Col Mar replacement slide
HS barrel
80's or 90's recoil spring plug
Ithaca thumb grip
USGI slide stop
Questionable mag release
Mismatched Keyes grips. One original, one Korean War.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7074 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I am in the 'it is a piece of history' club,

FWIW, I have bought a few of them from CMP customers that were not satisfied at all,
paid them what they paid,

and flipped each for a profit, (they knew that going in to the deal, I am a FFL\SOT)

lot of folks want USGI 1911's, and lots will buy a mixmaster with history,

enjoy it for what it is,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It'll be worth more than you paid for it, probably sooner rather than later at that.

Posts: 17172 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lyman, you are right. It's a piece history and what should have been the expectation, and not the exception.

P220, you are correct and that's great news. Its disappointing since that was our last shot at getting what we actually wanted but at least we had the chance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG4EVA,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7074 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
It's a piece history and what should have been the expectation, and not the exception.

I agree. To me it's not a $1,200 gun, but it does certainly meet what the CMP said to expect. We tend to get spoiled by the lottery wins.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still looks better than the ones we had in the arms room back in the 70’s.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the money is an issue I think you'll be fine. I saw a guy paying $2300 for a beat up CMP 1911 a few weeks ago at a Harrisburg gun show (had the paperwork and all) and he could not have been happier.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Looks like the ones I used while I was in the CG. Pick it up, shake, sounds like a rock in a 55gal drum…I still qualified with EX on the Navy F course.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Wish I could justify the cost for one of those. I'd be more than happy with a mixmaster...I just want a shooter. I almost picked up one of the Tisas 1911GIs on black Friday, but it's just not the same without the pedigree.

I had a Remington Rand for a while through the LESO program, and it was a cool piece of history and actually shot pretty good (it did bite me mercilessly, though). We're currently in the process of returning them...I'm going to miss that gun.

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it , looks like a arms room hand out !!!

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post