SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43X Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43X Range Report Login/Join 
posted
Last week i picked up a 43X and a 48. Got the first 2 in at my local FFL. I ran rounds thru the 2 of them, just to get a feel for how they shot, determine likes/dislikes. I then planned to get each out for an individual test. I did that with the 43X today. I fired:
100 rounds 115 fmj Blazer Brass;
100 rounds 115 fmj Fed Am Eagle;
100 rounds 115 fmj Sig ammo;
20 rounds 115 grain Gold dots;
20 rounds 124 Sig V Crown;
20 rounds 115 Sig V Crown
I cleaned the pistol and lubed before i went out. 360 rounds, 0 malfunctions, Very accurate (surprisingly the Blazer Brass grouped like premium target ammo) and i fell like the 115 defense ammo was just a little more accurate than the 124 but i could have just been perceiving it that way.
I had a couple G43's which always shot great. They were snappy but not unpleasant. The 43X is similar, but with the full grip shooting 360 rounds was fun and not at all unpleasant.
I am still trying to let the silver finish grow on me but i have always liked 2 tone guns so i am ok with it.
I will carry the 43X in the same FIST Kydex IWB i had made for my 43.
All and all, i think the 43x is a complete winner, and (not to spark a big debate ) may very well render both the 19 and 26 obsolete in states where we are limited to 10 rounds.
Next up, the individual G48 test.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Looking forward to your G48 report.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the range report, I'm looking forward to shoot mine sometime next week along with my G19X.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I will probably start with a 48. I have a 43 that I can change slides with to get a feel for the 43x.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post