SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any difference with Sig ‘LE’ guns vs. ‘commercial’ ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any difference with Sig ‘LE’ guns vs. ‘commercial’ ? Login/Join 
Picture of kokopelli
posted
I bought my first new Sig in about 10 years, a p365, picked it up Thursday. It is an ‘LE’ only Sig sold through a Sig LEO/ Mil dealer... the model number has an ‘L’ before the rest of the nomenclature, and the L is even printed on the case label.
I’m curious as to any difference in them, as it had no date sticker on the case, but searching the serial number data online, puts it at Oct. 2018, however the frame mold date is July 2018 and it has the X-ray sights marked TG. The slide version though is 0018-19, which is 2 versions back. To further add to the mystery is it shipped in the ‘new’ style smaller case...

I know other manufacturers have differences with ‘duty’ weapons, such as Remington who builds the police 870’s in a completely different area and the parts are made of different steel alloys than the non police shotguns...

Anyone know?

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
LE guns ship with 3 mags.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Depending on the issuing agency or department, some P series pistols may actually be less equipped (SRT) or DAK than commercial variants.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to the extra mags, do the LE versions come standard with night sights?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
LE guns ship with 3 mags.

Not the P365. The LE version only ships with 2 mags like a commercial P365.

Guns like the P320, 220, 226, etc ship with 3 mags.

quote:
In addition to the extra mags, do the LE versions come standard with night sights?

No. I had a Sig P320C that I bought new as an LE gun and it had standard white dot contrast sights.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Not sure of the P365 but their have been LEO pistols made with a magazine disconnect safety. A P229 I purchased here years back had that feature machined and some sort of different parts installed.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
It's not like cop cars vs non-cop cars, where you got (as Elwood stated) a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, cop transmission.

The guns are pretty much the same regardless.

Now military is a slightly different story. The 92FS's that we got had different standards for finish compared to the MIL SPEC gun. The Beretta rep told me the M9's could ship with a few more imperfections compared to the commercial version.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some L/E package guns ship with 3 mags , night sights , and are fired maybe a few more rounds . Also Sig 320 guns are marked W-320- on the box ,some have the pretension barrel and slide lock up . and any Smith M/P line also ship 3 mags and have all the current updates done , for L/E stuff.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I was talking to the "security" guard where my girlfriend worked. He worked as a gunsmith for the folks that had Sons of Guns TV show in Baton Rouge.
I had just gotten a new Glock Gen 4 and told him I carried a Sig P239 in .357Sig for years. I also told him my G19 was a Blue Label then he told me he got his brother a Blue Label Sig and how much smoother it was than the ones the public could buy. And he started telling me about LA gun laws and what all he could do.

I stopped talking to him right after the smooth Sig part of the conversation.

I showed him a Henry Deringer Peanut Size derringer that I have. He told my girlfriend they stopped making them in 1968. She said you mean 1868 he said no 1968

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems the answer is: it depends.

As stated, some models would ship with 3 total mags and NS. Others wouldn’t be any different. Some claim (emphasize “claim”) LE guns can be without the “dreaded” Indian MIM.

I’m not “in the know” but I suspect the general rule is: LE model number means it’s eligible for LE pricing.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the price

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
When I took the factory tour during pne of my armorer classes at the SIG factory, they said in the test area that LE guns were tested with more rounds (I dont remember the number but it was something like 36 for LE and 24 for commercial). I dont know if they still do this, that was 14 years ago.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post