SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Optic Question Resolved - Thanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optic Question Resolved - Thanks Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Considering a new pistol with optic.

P320 AXG Legion 9 mm
https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-legion.html

P220 Legion 45 SAO
https://www.sigsauer.com/p220-legion-45.html

I believe both directly accept Leupold Delta Point Pro?

With DPP optic, do I need a sealing plate?

With DPP optic, does the Sig cutout exactly match the DPP base so there are no gaps?

For a ready made solution, I'm thinking of the P229 Legion. Have a whole bunch of P229 stuff already (leather). But, high sights make me wonder if I would need new leather. Wish this model came in 40/357 also.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p229-legion-compact.html

Is the Romeo 1 Pro as durable as I need? Basic personal protection nothing professional or LEO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo1 pro on my duty gun (P320 RX). It's not my first choice of optic, but it has been plenty durable. I've shot with a Leupold DPP, and IMO it is far inferior to the Romeo, both in clarity and the deck height is too high. I've also heard the buttonology is goofy, although I didn't mess with it enough to confirm that.

The Romeo battery loads from the top, so no sealing plate required. Mine has a metal shroud around it for added durability, and it also helps protect against accidental button presses.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Great to learn that the Romeo 1 Pro is duty grade!

-------

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DPP that fits the cutout perfectly on my sig m18 so I assume the romeo1 pro cut is the same on all of the sig items cut for romeo1 pro.

I have a Romeo1 pro on my p320 vtac and I think I prefer the romeo1 to the DPP. There’s not really anything wrong with the DPP but I like the window and the look of the romeo1 pro more… Now the DPP does seem more heavy duty but I don’t carry either of them nor do they make it to the range near as often as I’d like so while the sig doesn’t seem as beefy it doesn’t really matter for my use for it.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
No sealing plate is needed for optics on this sight pattern. The only optics that need sealing plates are for those optics like the RMR or early Holosuns that have a bottom mounted battery that you have to take the sight off the gun to replace the battery.

Both of those sights will work with that cut, but the Deltapoint Pro qualifies as a "disgusting fat body" per Gunny Sgt. Hartman. It's one of the chunkiest around and I've previously had problems finding sights tall enough to co-witness due to the girth of the optic body. In addition, the brightness switch is right behind the glass which is a pain as it's only 1 button.

For the Romeo 1 Pro, it's not as durable as an RMR, but as long as you use the shroud it should survive small accidental drops. A problem I did have with mine was making sure the battery cover on top stays properly torqued. I didn't check it after a gunsmith installed it and it shut off during recoil. Once you cover that, it's fine but nothing amazing compared to newer options.

I would recommend looking at the Romeo X. It's got a side loading battery, is duty tough and has videos where the optic is used hamming nails into a 2x4, and works with standard height sights so you don't have to factor buying an installing suppressor height sights to get proper co-witness.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. After finding the Legion compensator at $1600 without any optic it is off my list.

The Legion P220 SAO with a Romeo X may be what the engineer chooses.

-------

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
And, searching the various boxes at the homestead, I find not one, not two, but three P220 45 ACP magazines, Galco double mag pouch, Galco single mag pouch, a plastic double mag pouch...

I hope the P220 is still in the cabinet at the LGS tomorrow morning!

-------

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just bought the Romeo X - same footprint as the Delta Point Pro and Romeo 1 Pro. It's a lot more substantial.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post