SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone carry their Ruger LCP22 as their EDC ???>>>>>>>
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone carry their Ruger LCP22 as their EDC ???>>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
Please no caliber wars. As we all know a carried 22 is better than the 45 in the safe.

Anyone carry their Ruger LCP22 as their EDC ??? What ammo are you using ???
How many magazines you bring with you ???
What other accessories do you have on your LCP22 ???

Thank you and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have one and often carry it. Mostly around the farm , but I have carried it going out in public from time to time. I carry it in case I run across a rabid animal. But I would be undergunned for a large animal like a rabid 100 lb dog.

Mine has been reliable in the 500 rounds through it, but I admit I clean it after each shooting spell. Mine is stock except for some orange paint on the front sight.

I carry Stingers mostly as I have a stockpile of them, and plink with Yellow Jackets.

I carry 2 spare magazines

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one. Great plinker. Use it out walking and around the yard here in snake season. Have 2 shotshells, then 8 mini mag hp. Cycles the shotshells ok.

Did buy some of that federal punch 22. Fed and grouped fine, but seemed like a lot of flash and blast from it.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one ( won as a prize at a shooting match so didn’t cost me anything)
I do carry it sometimes for that quick trip to the corner store, get gas etc.
mine is very reliable
I am usually very accurate even with micro guns ( my 2” snub hits 1/2 size uspsa silhouettes at 65 yards in my hands with boring regularity) but this thing really opens up groups past 10 yards. Also it tends to hit high left - groups at 10 yards are around 2” or so, about 2” high and 2” right.
However I know and understand this and instantly know how to compensate.
For 7 yard practice I use the tiny official seal in the lower corner of an official nra target and a full mag dump at speed will completely obliterate the seal.

For ammo, after seeing in person some demonstrations in denim covered gel is CCI velocitor- penetrate deepest - similar penetration depth to the new federal punch but with a 25% heavier bullet.

I carry in an A holster pocket holster, with a spare magazine in the left front pocket.

I already had an LCPII in 380

I have always been a pocket gun fan going back to the days when they were only available in 25 or 22 short and then when the boutique seecamp was introduced in 32.
I think the LCP series made all the others obsolete. I had a seecamp for a number of years. Quality and reliable but heavy as all steel ( relatively speaking) and the ruger is a better gun in my experience than other similar size 380’s.

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry one at home and it sometimes is primary if I run to the store. It’s 100% reliable and I carry a couple spare mags loaded with Stingers or even Federal bulk. My mother carries one EDC in her purse since arthritis prevents her from using her snubby 38.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike56 mentioned Federal Punch 22 ammo. I've never heard of it before and just did a search on it. Might have to pick some up and try it out.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Mike56 mentioned Federal Punch 22 ammo. I've never heard of it before and just did a search on it. Might have to pick some up and try it out.

Let us know how it does in your LCP22. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I might have to pick one of those up.

I've been waiting for someone to make a semi-auto micro in 22Mag. There seems to be a dearth of manufacturers that want to take that on.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I might have to pick one of those up.

I've been waiting for someone to make a semi-auto micro in 22Mag. There seems to be a dearth of manufacturers that want to take that on.

If Ruger made a LCP22 Magnum I would be all over it !!! God Bless !!! Smile

posted Hide Post
^^^^If it can be done Ruger can make an LCP in 22 Mag......I'd be on it too like a fat kid on a chocolate cake.

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just got mine yesterday. Put about 100 rounds through it and I like it. Great little pocket carry when something on the hip won't work.

Still waiting for one in 22Mag though. Wink

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still waiting for one in 22Mag though.

Me too !

Posts: 913 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm inclined to think that it will be a very, very long wait before you ever see one in 22 WMR.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post