SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210 Target and P210 Standard grips in G10 (first time ever for P210 pistols) and in Walnut - finished R&D
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 Target and P210 Standard grips in G10 (first time ever for P210 pistols) and in Walnut - finished R&D Login/Join 
Picture of BullBarrel
posted

It started slow - with hacking off my nice original P210A Target grips.....and it took a while, but now the P210 grips are finally done and the first run will be done in G10 - which I believe is the first for P210 platform on 71 years. (....at least I have not seen any G10 P210 grips to-date)

Two different textures were considered but finally decided to go with classic checkering after all. (identical texture and shape will be available in walnut)

Major differences vs SIG Standard or Hogue:
- checkering goes higher so it will also support your thumb
- there is checkering also available on the back strap
- 'gentle' palm swells for more natural/anatomical grip (after all, our hands are not rectangular)
- unlike the Standard and Hogue flat grips without palm swells - AC grips do not end at the frame but go a few mm deeper - creating a subtle and usable magwell)

G10 grips are now in production (USA mfr.) and will be available in a few weeks, Walnut version will be made in EU and available 2nd half of February.

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow! This looks like the grip I remarked in another thread I wished someone would make, exactly. I will wait for these.

Well, almost exactly...
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I almost feel like sending my stock grips to a custom grip maker and telling him "Duplicate these, except lose the flare at the bottom, tone down the hump on the backstrap, and lose the palm swells."

Depends upon how gentle are the gentle palm swells.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Those grips look awesome! Any pricing details?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Almost makes me want to go buy a P210A again.

Any plan to make the G10 for the German P210 Super Target?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Almost makes me want to go buy a P210A again.

Any plan to make the G10 for the German P210 Super Target?

Yes, that's' the plan and they are already getting drawn......(perhaps even for Swiss ones, if there is enough interest).

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Any idea on pricing, yet?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any idea on pricing, yet?

Yes, but I do not want to post prices here.
Pricing as well as ETA for G10 and Walnut versions are listed on Armory Craft website.
Thank you.

pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
I do not want to post prices here.
Pricing as well as ETA for G10 and Walnut versions are listed on Armory Craft website.

Good grief, you advertise for free here and are unwilling.... They’re $118.95 per his site.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by BullBarrel:
I do not want to post prices here.

Good grief, you advertise for free here and are unwilling.... They’re $118.95 per his site.

Thanks, Dakor. That's doable. Waiting for the walnut version to be in stock.

posted Hide Post
Well, G10 grips look sharp and $118 is somewhat doable-wish the grips were 1. thinner than regular wood grips (no palmswells and a lot thinner up top) and 2. in the $70 price range. But otherwise, I will be looking for these to be available. No desire for wood grips.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
...wish the grips were 1. thinner than regular wood grips (no palmswells ...

I think the palm swells will probably be ok if they're a lot less pronounced than those on the stock target grips. Sig way overdid them, IMO. Same with the "hump" profile on the backstrap, again, IMO.

Mind you: I have big hands. Always wear a size XL glove. I thought the stock grips on the P210A Target would be wonderful for me. But it turns out they're not. They feel great. They really fill my hand nicely. That was one of the reasons I bought the gun. But I can't shoot my P210A well to save my soul. Watching the sights and the dot from a laser, with my P210A and with a couple pistols with which I can tear one ragged hole at 25', I finally noticed that, through the trigger pull I cannot keep the dot as motionless with my P210A as I can with other pistols unless I get my grip just so and am exceedingly contentious with the trigger pull. Get anything just slightly wrong and it wanders.

I can actually shoot better, more quickly, with my little Colt Defender in .45 ACP than I can with my P210A. Never mind my Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced.

Then I thought back to a discussion I had with a guy at one of the ranges at which I shoot. He has an M&P <something> with interchangeable backstraps. He, too, has bigger hands, so he put on the bigger backstrap. Felt better, but, much to his surprise his performance degraded. Put the smaller backstrap back on and shot better.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't think the palm swell is the real problem for some folks. It's more of the big back hump that's the issue. Just take a look at the target grip and compare that to the standard grip, here. Huge difference.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think the palm swell is the real problem for some folks. It's more of the big back hump that's the issue. Just take a look at the target grip and compare that to the standard grip, here. Huge difference.

That has been my feeling, too, Q.

AC's grips look to be somewhere in the middle ground between the two in this respect. I surely hope that's enough, because I'm almost certainly going to give them a try.

posted Hide Post
I will try AC G10 grips, too. Smile My hands are at least medium or large, but the trigger finger was a bit cut by shrapnel, so I'm very sensitive to trigger reach length and any grip that makes it longer make me nervous. Shooting P210A Standard grip is no problem though, although the quality of the stock grip is crappy.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That has been my feeling, too, Q.

AC's grips look to be somewhere in the middle ground between the two in this respect. I surely hope that's enough, because I'm almost certainly going to give them a try.

Putting the AC G10 grips on the P210 Midnight looks like it would be spectacular Q!

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Palm swells and that back strap "hump" are a bit much for me. I've always thought it interesting, that folks want slim grips on double stack pistols, palm swells on single stack. And, along the same lines, if they have a compact pistol, they want an extended magazine for their pistol. Even though the butt is the hardest part of the pistol to concealWink Seems most shooters prefer straight mainspring housings on their 1911s, but SIG grips in general, are to my knowledge, only available with greater or lesser back strap hump. I would much prefer a straighter back strap. The P210 grips with the least "hump" I've come across, are the factory wood grips for the Swiss P210.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hessy2000:
Well, G10 grips look sharp and $118 is somewhat doable-wish the grips were 1. thinner than regular wood grips (no palmswells and a lot thinner up top) and 2. in the $70 price range. But otherwise, I will be looking for these to be available. No desire for wood grips.

+1, although in my case it's short fingers. Anyone who doesn't want the hump (wood grips) just get out the sandpaper.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a mount for the Holosights? Where do you find them?

thank you

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardZ:
Is there a mount for the Holosights? Where do you find them?

Holosights on grips