SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210 Target and P210 Standard grips in G10 (first time ever for P210 pistols) and in Walnut - finished R&D
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 Target and P210 Standard grips in G10 (first time ever for P210 pistols) and in Walnut - finished R&D Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank God someone is making grips for the 210 Target. I'm 6'3 with x-large hands. I picked one up at the gun store the other day because I'm interested in one. Sadly they didn't have the American in stock. They only had the target, the grips are hideous and the bulge at the bottom was beyond horrible unless you're 5'5 with small hands.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Thank God someone is making grips for the 210 Target. I'm 6'3 with x-large hands. I picked one up at the gun store the other day because I'm interested in one. Sadly they didn't have the American in stock. They only had the target, the grips are hideous and the bulge at the bottom was beyond horrible unless you're 5'5 with small hands.

I agree 100%. Being in MA, I had no choice but to get the target version, because the Standard isn't on the MA approved handgun roster. So before I pulled the trigger on the target model, I wanted to make sure that I could get replacement grips that were more to my liking.

As of now, there are three companies (maybe more) making replacement grips for the target model...Armory Craft, Hogue and Grips4U. When I bought mine, the first two companies were out of stock on their grips, and being a bit impatient, I ordered from Grips4U. I'm very pleased with the looks, feel and performance of my grips, but may still order a set from Armory Craft when they become available. Here's my gun with the Grips4U grips on there:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Good looking grips. The factory grips on the American 210 Target models remind me of Euro .22 Free pistol type grips. Just a bit much. I replaced the grips on mine with service style wood grips too.

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BullBarrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185:
Good looking grips. The factory grips on the American 210 Target models remind me of Euro .22 Free pistol type grips. Just a bit much. I replaced the grips on mine with service style wood grips too.

Those look nice, Frank.
I have never seen these in person. Is there checkering on the back strap on these grips?

Posts: 184 | Registered: April 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

quote:

Those look nice, Frank.
I have never seen these in person. Is there checkering on the back strap on these grips?

Yes, Bull, it does have checkering on the back strap, which was something I felt I needed to have in a replacement grip. Here's a pic, although not a great one:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post