SIGforum
Hunting with Sig MPX

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8320091254

January 16, 2019, 02:33 PM
Young man
Hunting with Sig MPX
I am more of a traditionalist when I hunt raccoons and coyotes but the MPX with an 8" barrel seems like it would be a really solid little gun for that task. The only thing would be finding a 5 round mag since we can't coyote hunt with a larger mag. I suppose a traditional mag could be blocked to not accept more than 5.

Just curious on everyone else's thoughts.
January 16, 2019, 02:36 PM
MNSIG
I guess I see it as a pretty poor choice. Obviously, any carbine with a longer barrel and sight radius would be better. If you want to do it with a small gun, just about any revolver is going to have a better trigger as well as being smaller and lighter.
January 16, 2019, 03:49 PM
craigcpa
9mm for defensive purposes, sure. Offensive; well put me in the skepticism pile.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫
January 16, 2019, 04:46 PM
hrcjon
Based on my experience hunting 9mm is just plain a poor choice for anything. I don't know where you live but there is zero chance of a coyote in my area that is in the effective range of a short barrel 9mm unless it is sick or otherwise impaired. Sure you could probably do raccoons but depending on where and how you hunt them but I wouldn't choose 9mm. If its all you got and your starving OK, but there are far better choices otherwise.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”