SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hunting with Sig MPX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with Sig MPX Login/Join 
posted
I am more of a traditionalist when I hunt raccoons and coyotes but the MPX with an 8" barrel seems like it would be a really solid little gun for that task. The only thing would be finding a 5 round mag since we can't coyote hunt with a larger mag. I suppose a traditional mag could be blocked to not accept more than 5.

Just curious on everyone else's thoughts.

Posts: 15 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I see it as a pretty poor choice. Obviously, any carbine with a longer barrel and sight radius would be better. If you want to do it with a small gun, just about any revolver is going to have a better trigger as well as being smaller and lighter.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
9mm for defensive purposes, sure. Offensive; well put me in the skepticism pile.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on my experience hunting 9mm is just plain a poor choice for anything. I don't know where you live but there is zero chance of a coyote in my area that is in the effective range of a short barrel 9mm unless it is sick or otherwise impaired. Sure you could probably do raccoons but depending on where and how you hunt them but I wouldn't choose 9mm. If its all you got and your starving OK, but there are far better choices otherwise.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post