SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    California is coming kicking and screaming out of the Dark Ages...new P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California is coming kicking and screaming out of the Dark Ages...new P365 Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So California just approved a version of the P365 on our roster...and I couldn't resist temptation. I bought one on pre-order.

I've been really impressed with the CA version of the M18, and now I'm going almost full Sig with the P365... (I'm hoping my Glock friends will still talk to me... Big Grin)

It will replace my Glock 43, 43X, and 26 which will go into the safe. It's just smaller and carries enough ammo to get me out of trouble.

Any other CA members here getting one?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Are these free state models, or LCI/Mag drop models?

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The California Sig P365 will come with an LCI (loaded chamber indicator), magazine disconnect, external safety, and 10 round magazines. All of these features can be reversed if desired during customization.

I have one on pre-order…! They are supposed to be showing up at California gun stores November 7. Whoot, whoot!

Live free or die trying!

Posts: 123 | Location: Oceanside, Ca | Registered: June 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26462 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it really have a big “loaded when up” banner and arrow? Lol. That is retarded looking. Oh California.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Does it really have a big “loaded when up” banner and arrow? Lol. That is retarded looking. Oh California.

They use an LCI similar to the M18 and a label on the optics cover plate that says Loaded When Up.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes. I see a market for blank optics covers. lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news. I'm not in California but bought a P365 specifically with the external safety because (1) I don't trust single action pistols without manual safeties (sorry Glock et al those trigger dinguses are not safeties) and (2) after a couple of magazines the P365 safety is as easy to work as a M1911. The P365 safety, for me at least, is better placed and easier than the safety on the M17 or M18.

Still looking for an extended safety for the M18 -- anyone?

-- Chuck

"Never send a man where you can send a bullet."

Posts: 3034 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: June 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just to be pedantic, I don't think California is coming out of anywhere... it's Sig that made the compromise .... I know it's all about money and sales but if I was a gun manufacture I would probably refuse to import into California even if my gun passed their test. How much does it cost a manufacturer to submit a gun for testing?

Sorry....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some combustion gasses come out of the LCI, at least that is what Sig Guy on Youtube says. Overtime they may cloud up a dot sight, necessitating cleaning of the optic more often. The LCI can be removed, and a standard barrel installed without the LCI notch.

-c1steve

Posts: 4062 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
To be honest - I’m just thankful we now have this option,

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Some combustion gasses come out of the LCI, at least that is what Sig Guy on Youtube says. Overtime they may cloud up a dot sight, necessitating cleaning of the optic more often. The LCI can be removed, and a standard barrel installed without the LCI notch.

All OEM P365 Barrels have an LCI Notch (a.k.a. MASShole). Not sure if it's the same notch that's in the new Commiefornia version with a true LCI, but it's there, and has been since the launch of the P365 to my knowledge. The only way to not have an LCI Notch in a P365 Barrel is to purchase an aftermarket Barrel that's offered that way.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8946 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered one the day after it was added to our roster. ETA is sometime at the beginning of January.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 09, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack this thread, but does the addition of 320s and 365s mean that Gen5 Glocks are fair game in CA now?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
No, they aren't.

All new guns on the roster, unless grandfathered in (Gen 5 isn't), must have the LCI, exterior safety and magazine disconnect.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers with chassis systems should jump through the hoops to get approved. The California roster process requires manufacturers to submit multiple guns for each version, plus a huge fee. So if you wanted to sell a black gun and an FDE gun of the same model, you’d need to pay the shake down fee for each gun submitted. With a chassis system, people can purchase frames and accessories for their “gun” and stay legal. I would think this would provide a captive and robust market.

I am SOOO glad I left that God forsaken state.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I understand the Kalifornia stupidity can be deleted rather easily.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine just got his CA P365. He likes it and thought it had less recoil than expected for such a small platform. I am thinking of getting one once the supply is available. Not in a rush as I have several Sigs and I tend to trick them out. I did grab a Ruger Mark IV and installed a Voltquartsen trigger kit. 1.5 LB trigger result. This will be my new steel rimfire once I mount the holosun 507comp.

Posts: 173 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post