SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun Oil for CZ Shadow - which one is best?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Oil for CZ Shadow - which one is best? Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Have a CZ Shadow 2 Orange.
This thing is tighter than my high school girlfriend.
Extremely well made and a fantastic shooter.

The first time I got it I lubed it up with my normal oil and slide glide on the rails.
It worked mostly but had problems several times returning fully to battery.

I saw a YouTube Video (sorry couldn't find it to embed) that described the issue and said to use their oil.

I cleaned it and re-lubed with their oil that came with it.
KUMMER GUNOIL.

It ran great ever since.
Did I say how great a pistol it is? Smile

Question: What is comparable to this oil as a substitute?
The reason is that I cannot find it anywhere.

Lucas ?

Any ideas.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve used Slide Glide Lite grease on my S2 since new . Now over 3k rounds later and it’s been 100% on reliability. Maybe it’s your recoil spring .
Cajun says proper ejection is 6-8 feet.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^ naw, not the spring.
I used reg slide glide although I have the lite too but probably too much.
Such tight tolerances the supplied gun oil seems to work much better.
I'm OK with the oil ~ just can't find the original anywhere and looking for a good substitute.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ve actually had good luck with a product called super lube. Example below but they make a variety of products/viscosity etc. works well on folding knife pivots etc. as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Super-L...e%2Caps%2C102&sr=8-4

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The S2O is a hand fitted gun from factory, compared to the regular Shadow 2, and is extremely tight. When I had it, I really thought it was going to give me FTRTB frequently at the range. I used Slip 2000 EWL30 on it. Never a hiccup. Amazing.

Q

Posts: 26421 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I was sold on Lucas products for awhile but have circled back to using Slip 2000. It’s excellent stuff.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I thought Lucas was good to go and bought a good supply and gifted some to my bro. but then I came across this thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/5830040005

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I use mostly Slip2000. On my Shadow 2 it works with a light bit of Slip grease. Same on my other CZ’s.

On my Tactical Sports Orange, it’s not much closer fit than the Shadow 2 in my example. Grease for it too.

I use a 14lb recoil in the TSO .40. and a 12lb in the S2 just as a point of interest.

For guns that don’t like grease like my new 1911, I use Slip2000 EWL 30.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Lucas marine grease on the rails and outer barrel. Ballistol everywhere else. Works great for me.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Regular Slide Guide here as well.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
TW25 user here for the last decade. Is TW25 still ok??

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
TW25 user here for the last decade. Is TW25 still ok??

Me too and I've had great success with it on the pistols I shoot regularly. However, I've taken some pistols out of the safe that I haven't touched in a few years and the TW25 has solidified or somewhat gummed. Anyone else have this problem ?

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post