SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    *UPDATE* Ordered A Gray Guns EDC Straight Optimized Trigger Kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*UPDATE* Ordered A Gray Guns EDC Straight Optimized Trigger Kit Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted
I ordered a SOT Trigger Kit from Gray Guns for my 229. Probably should have checked here first but I guess I trust GG to be good stuff. Any reviews on what I can expect? Link to the GG site for the kit:
https://grayguns.com/product/e...t-optimized-trigger/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2400 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
This is the update. Installed the SOT Trigger Kit that included a new trigger and trigger bar. It takes about 15 minutes. Really nicely made items, but what else would you expect from Gray Guns.

My P229 had a trigger that released with the trigger all the way back and practically touching the frame before it fired. It was mushy and had some creep.

The new kit solved all of these problems. I gotta say that the P229 trigger now rivals the Legion P226 SAO that I just got a couple of weeks ago. Not sure, but I may like the 229's trigger more than the Legion's.

Thanks to GG for all the innovative stuff that they come up with.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2400 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I may consider this upgrade for my P229. Sounds good

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the range. This trigger kit is the cat's meow! It ain't cheap but it is definitely worth every penny. The double action pull is lighter and much smoother. The single action has no creep and lighter with a quick, clean break.

John

posted Hide Post
Yeah I've got this bit of magic

https://grayguns.com/product/p...le-straight-trigger/

in my 229 and I love it. Its like a tuned gun all with a few minutes and some tools. some of the best money I've spent for an upgrade and very much reminds me of the legion trigger.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
You make me want to buy 4 of those EDC Kits...

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cokehockey:
You make me want to buy 4 of those EDC Kits...

Cokehockey, I can't vouch for doing just the trigger, although that might work, but the full kit with trigger and trigger bar I linked in the opening post I can. Get one kit and try it. They ain't cheap though, $159 I think.

John

posted Hide Post
I installed trigger kit in my P229 DA/SA Legion 9mm. Improved a great trigger even more. Add lot’s of grease along trigger bar where it slides along frame.

Super smooth pull, feels lighter in DA. And SA is right at the wall with clean break. Definitely as good as my Legion SAO 226 and 229. Well worth the money, easy to install. Maintains same springs.

I did the straight trigger alone first. I like straight triggers so I liked that when I first installed just the trigger. But the kit is the way to go, way better than just the trigger alone.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 20, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Grayguns triggers on P320's and the straight trigger is great. I just put a Grayguns sculpted grip frame on a full size P320 (It's the carry frame, but the dust cover is long enough). It's a big improvement over the stock x-grip that was on there, and there's just enough material removed along the sides of the back strap to make it feel thinner, more like the new x-compact grip. I didn't think I'd like it that much, but it's really great.

I've never been able to get grayguns to return an email, but I've met Bruce in person; very nice guy, incredibly knowledgable and helpful, and a very good shooter, too.

I believe I'd trust any of their products or services implicitly. They aren't the least expensive, but it I think it's good value for the money, and you do get more than what you pay for.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post