SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do not post links to live auctions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do not post links to live auctions Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Do not post links to live auctions- do not post for "just FYI", do not post for "hey, isn't this interesting", and do not post "just to to laugh at". Under no circumstances should you ever post a link in this forum to a live auction. I would expect longtime members to know this and to act accordingly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Bump for this INFO!!

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2254 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's your prerogative to set any rule you want on your forum

After that all I heard was static.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad this site isn't a liberal ran site.
Nowadays it's unusual.
Owner of most are a liberal that structures the post according to liberal views and will kick off anybody that doesn't conform.

Thank you Big "P"

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
quote:
it's your prerogative to set any rule you want on your forum

After that all I heard was static.

All I saw was a vapor trail...

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
"Dorothy,"

Don't you know it is unwise to question the Wizard?
Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:

it's your prerogative to set any rule you want on your forum, but I am just curious as to why you are so adamant about it

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've never posted a link to an auction, and it's your prerogative to set any rule you want on your forum, but I am just curious as to why you are so adamant about it? To prevent auction folks from posting links all over SF, or what?

<looks at OMCHamlin's post count...> Hmmm... I'd think you'd know the answer to this, by now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do not post links to live auctions- do not post for "just FYI", do not post for "hey, isn't this interesting", and do not post "just to to laugh at".

I've never posted a link to an auction, and it's your prerogative to set any rule you want on your forum, but I am just curious as to why you are so adamant about it? To prevent auction folks from posting links all over SF, or what?

Like a tenderfoot asking why you need to learn to use a compass before heading out on a trail.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do not post links to live auctions- do not post for "just FYI", do not post for "hey, isn't this interesting", and do not post "just to to laugh at".

Why don't you send Para an e-mail message?

When he ignores your e-mail question as he will probably ignore your question on his forum, you should have a pretty good idea of "why'.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I admire curiosity, but...

When coming upon a bunch of pipes with wires and a battery attached, suppress your curiosity. Do not poke it, kick it or pull on the wires.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
I admire curiosity, but...

When coming upon a bunch of pipes with wires and a battery attached, suppress your curiosity. Do not poke it, kick it or pull on the wires.

Damnit! Nearly choked on the piece of pizza I'd just started swallowing

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I admit to similar curiosity, but I knew better than to ask.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I'm just glad this site isn't a liberal ran site.
Nowadays it's unusual.
Owner of most are a liberal that structures the post according to liberal views and will kick off anybody that doesn't conform.
You're talking about firearms discussion forums?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
If I owned the joint I wouldn't want to be a platform to advertise ongoing auctions. A trickle would become a flood and auction ads would dominate the posts.

Posts: 4679 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
As long as we can still post "you won't believe what happens next!" links, it's all good Big Grin

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
As long as we can still post "you won't believe what happens next!" links, it's all good Big Grin
Wouldn't that fall into the category of a "vague title"?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Wouldn't that fall into the category of a "vague title"?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
If I owned the joint I wouldn't want to be a platform to advertise ongoing auctions. A trickle would become a flood and auction ads would dominate the posts.

we do owe Para a debt of gratitude for keeping advertising out of here.
Other site have more ads than info.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's cool, fellas. Take the edge off:

aight