SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 Light Strikes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Light Strikes Login/Join 
posted
Purchased a 320 AXG and took it to the range and fired 68 rounds. Two light strikes in that group. The ammo was Winchester white box but I have fired hundreds of rounds of the stuff in other pistols with no failures.

I don’t plan to worry about this until I have fired a whole bunch more ammo but I am wondering if this is a general problem with the 320’s. Planning to eventually carry this sometimes. Thanks for any responses.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not believe there is a general problem in this regard. You can pull the striker assembly out and make sure there is no grease or residue in the area it resides. If you clean the slide with it upside down, as most folks do, the striker assembly cavity can get nasty. Its easy to remove, inspect and clean.

Posts: 138 | Location: Great State of Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, if solvent or lube gets into the striker channel and builds up enough, light strikes will result. A problem I saw once was that the striker spring was broken. Either is much less likely with a new gun, but not impossible.

On the other hand, some ammunition has harder/less sensitive primers than others and normal firing pin impact force varies among guns as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The only issue I've ever had with my P320 was light strikes. What happened was, I was shooting a LOT of uncoated lead, and wasn't particularly careful about keeping solvent and oil out of the striker channel. Enough gummy lead residue got into the striker assembly that it gummed up the spring, and limited it's travel...which resulted in light strikes. I popped the striker out, which immediately clarified the problem. I sprayed it out with some gunscrubber, cleaned and dried the channel with some q-tips, and was back in business.

I'd pull your striker and see what you've got going on in there. From the sound of things it's new, so I doubt it's gummed up...but something may be broken or improperly assembled.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Ditto my experience. Only failures I've ever had with a 320 are light strikes. I cleaned the striker channel but eventually went on to replace the striker unit for good measure.

No issues since then on either of my 320s, the one with a new striker and the one without.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post