SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Project Farm test some CLPs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Farm test some CLPs Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I wonder how Mobile 1 oil would have stacked up? I read where are folks out there saying it works amazing, but I have never tried it.

These are mostly what I use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redlickranch,

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The [SLIP 2000] EWL, EWL30 and the EWG grease are what I will use on my rifles and handguns for as long as they are available.

Likewise. The system works very well for all of my firearms.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm weird.
At work, all we have is breakfree clp so that's what everyone uses.

At home, I use mostly slip products but I'm still rocking a very old bottle of INOX MX3 that I use as a final wipe down on everything. It just makes everything look nice.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of these products have been around for years or even decades, and, tests aside, appear to work for all of us. If someone has had a lubrication failure - that would be interesting to discuss.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A lubricant might have the highest lubricity of any product, but if it doesn't stay in place for very long, it's ain't that great of a lube, not for firearms, anyway.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I've seen tests where frog lube is beaten by CorrosionX, thats what I use, they also have a straight up bore cleaner on top of their CLP or lube and protect from regular CorrosionX.

I also use TW25B oil and grease on high contact areas in SIGs like the rails, where the barrel meets the top of the slide, etc.

Never had any corrosion or other problems, of course everything is in a humidity controlled safe with desiccant and even If I don't use something I clean everything every 6 months.

Here's a corrosion test for it, notice Frog Lube doesn't outperform CorrosionX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOB5eCReAQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1li1mU5_HbQ

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post