SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which alternate Safariland SLS only holster to work with CZ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which alternate Safariland SLS only holster to work with CZ? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
To clarify my thoughts, I’m looking for a Safariland holster for a different gun that could be made to work with a CZ. I.e. could I use a Safariland holster that fits a Sig 320 after a small tweak.

CZ has a rounded ejection port that doesn’t play with the ALS from Safariland. However, I need a retention holster for a Shadow 2 or even SP-01 Tactical. Both with a SureFire X300 as I figure that will help the options. No red dot.

I see Safariland has some SLS hood only holsters, but what would be the one to look at? Glock 17 size? Maybe Sig or Beretta size?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two things. I love Safariland products especially their ALS stuff. Safariland as a company has made dealing with them unbearable as a consumer. Worst website ever. They make holsters predominately. Their holster finder is laughably horrible and it’s hard to believe they can stay in business. Government contracts is the only answer. Ugh.

Posts: 7527 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.redhilltactical.co...2-Holsters_p_22.html

Possibly help you out here. Level 2 retention.
Safariland's site is just about worthless with the holster finder as pointed out above.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Safariland holster finder is bad but regardless, they don’t make a retention holster for a CZ that I want to use.

My friend and I have not had the best of luck with RedHill or Weber Tactical. I had a ShooksCustom using the Safariland hood, but the material was too thin to be temperature stable. I have LS Holster that I really like but I want to get away from the spring loaded hood but are the best one otherwise.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might shoot Jeff at RDR Gear an email. He modifies ALS holsters as a part of his business and may have some insight on which ones are good to start with. He's generally been very responsive in my experience.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post