SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sigh 229 stippling?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigh 229 stippling? Login/Join 
posted
Who does a good job of stippling on sigh 229 front grip area? Thanks

Posts: 7 | Registered: April 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
3M Skateboard Tape

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8876 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
3M Skateboard Tape

^^^Works great!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep!. Cut it slightly smaller than the grooved front strap area (roughly 1/8" in). Nip off the four square corners. Apply a lot of pressure. Make sure you de-grease the area first.

It also looks good. I've done this for years on my P239, P226, P229 and 1911's. Lifespan depends on how much use. Mine usually holds for 1-2 years.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Another vote for skateboard tape.

To stipple or checker a front strap, I'll cost around $250.00+
(Wilson Combat charges $275 to hand-checker, $225 to stipple as a point of reference.)

I bought two sheets of skateboard deck tape from Academy Sports about 10 years ago for $4 and it will literally last me a lifetime.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post