SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Date of manufacture?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Date of manufacture? Login/Join 
posted
I bought a new P365 SAS yesterday. I have had a couple other Sigs in the last couple of years and it seems to me they always had the date of their manufacture (born on date) somewhere. But I don't remember where.

I can't find the one for this SAS. Where is that thing, if they still include it?

Bob

Posts: 1577 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
There should be a factory sticker on the oem case with the date of production. Watch out for snakes this time of year. Big Grin

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't get to the case right now, but I did not see one when I looked. So you think if it was a snake, it'd...?

Hope it's there, and, yes, I'll be properly humble if I just missed the little rattler.

Thank you,

Bob

Posts: 1577 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I believe you'll find it just to the right of the SKU barcode.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Here is an example

Q

Posts: 26441 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I found it. A bit different than the ones shown above, but on the sticker on the end of the box, down at the bottom right is the date. 31 March 2020.

It is really quite small, but I should have seen it earlier. And, yes, if it'd been a snake,....

Thanks to all,

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that SIG can manufacture them and get them to distributors/retailers as fast as they do. The DOB sticker eliminates the guessing, internet lists and phone calls to customer service.

I saw a P365 at a local gun shop not long ago and asked the gun shop character when it was manufactured. For as much as he purported to know about the pistol, even he did not know the date was on the box.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post