SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LifeCard?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LifeCard? Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted
Saw a review of this the other day and got interested. https://www.americanrifleman.o...irearms-lifecard-22/

It looks innovative, but I'm not sure whether it would be practical (maybe as a BUG?) or whether I am just infatuated with the 'cool' factor and ignoring the .22LR one-shot aspect.

Does anyone have one?

Posts: 15032 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s crazy, in a good way. Many of us work in establishments that have posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs and where carrying is a fire-able offense. That damn thing may have severe limitations but damn is that small.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I wonder if I could get that in a 45.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
You know, back in the old west, when the indians were coming over the hill, they always said, "Save one bullet for yourself..."

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And what's the cost of this fine firearm?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I think a folding knife with a locking blade would be a more potent weapon. And would be more likely to deter an assailant, who probably wouldn't recognize that little thing as a gun.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8966 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I got an email from a distributor about these becoming available. I did consider ordering a few but by the time I got around to it they were already 'allocated'. I have learned to hate that word.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One round of .22?

Innovative - and cool. But not a legit defensive option, in my opinion.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I got an email from a distributor about these becoming available. I did consider ordering a few but by the time I got around to it they were already 'allocated'. I have learned to hate that word.

Sometimes the “Moscow shopping rule” applies. That is when you see it buy it, because if you move on and come back, it will be gone.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Wow. That’s crazy, in a good way. Many of us work in establishments that have posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs and where carrying is a fire-able offense. That damn thing may have severe limitations but damn is that small.

It would still be a Class C misdemeanor for a person with an LTC to carry a firearm on the premises if the 30.06 (concealed) and/or 30.07 (open carry) sign(s) were correctly posted.

Regarding the novelty .22 pictured in the OP:
I would much rather carry a (legal in Texas) automatic knife that could be deployed much quicker.
Where legal to carry, an NAA Pug with 5 rounds of .22 mag should not be any harder to conceal and would be able to be deployed much faster as well.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:

It would still be a Class C misdemeanor for a person with an LTC to carry a firearm on the premises if the 30.06 (concealed) and/or 30.07 (open carry) sign(s) were correctly posted.

Yes, we all know this. My church has both of them posted but after Charleston, one has to ask themselves which is worse. Defenseless is a bigger risk than getting caught to me. YMMV.

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We got one of those "Life cards" in about a month ago. We have showed it to a few dozen customers. And we still have it. Smile

It takes too long to assemble into a functioning.......I hesitate to call it a firearm, but anyways it takes too damn long.

I agree that you are better off with a good knife. It is an interesting gimmick though. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bakerj
posted Hide Post
Ive got one. It is pretty neat. You can actually deploy it pretty quickly with practice. My daughters both got a kick out of it. Let them shoot it at the wood pile.

Posts: 290 | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
$400 MSRP..... No thanks

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$50, good stocking stuffer. $400, get the pug. https://northamericanarms.com/.../firearms/naa-pug-d/

"They keep telling me Jesus walked on water, well he should have surfed." -Ben Harper

Posts: 67 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wscrst:
$50, good stocking stuffer. $400, get the pug. https://northamericanarms.com/.../firearms/naa-pug-d/

I clicked your link and saw a tritium option. Man that is cool.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Yes, we all know this. My church has both of them posted but after Charleston, one has to ask themselves which is worse. Defenseless is a bigger risk than getting caught to me. YMMV.

Was just saying. Roll Eyes
Not all of the forum members are in Texas or even know what a 30.06 or 30.07 implies.
Or that we have the ability to carry automatic knives, which again IMO are far superior to the novel and expensive one shot credit card.

Regards, Steve

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wscrst:

Pug >>> greater than a one shot slow to deploy, credit card, even if it is a Pug without night sights (why would one need even them on this type of pistol).

Regards, Steve

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And the Pug is a helluva lot safer, I suspect.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8966 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
And the Pug is a helluva lot safer, I suspect.

The hammer rests between cylinders on the Pug so as long as one doesn't 'fidget' with it, it should remain safe.

Regards, Steve