SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon SRO operation ... question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon SRO operation ... question Login/Join 
posted
I just installed an SRO on my Glock 19 MOS. Observation ... screws that ship with it don't work with the MOS RMR plate. Battery was installed from the factory (after I spent some time looking for it in the box). I'm up and running, checking out settings, controls, etc. My question is ... how do you power this sucker down/turn it off? Or does it just not have an off-button?

EDIT: Yes, I've read the manual, and done an internet search ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
If it operates the same as the RMR, try holding both brightness buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:
If it operates the same as the RMR, try holding both brightness buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Yep ... that was my first thought ... didn't work (for me.) Also, I took an RMR off to install the SRO. I just tried to turn off the RMR as you said. I couldn't turn it off?? It MAY be my hand/finger strength is just not up to it. Arthritis is a bitch!

I realize that turning either unit off would be a very low priority. But it does seem strange that it's not addressed in the manual ... as far as I can see?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
same as an RMR. hold it longer and make sure you have both buttons pressed simultaneously, the official number is 3 seconds. If that's a true stumbling block physically it will power down on its own and since the battery is on top and easy to change you might not care too much about battery life (which will still probably be years).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11020 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Happy 4th.

posted Hide Post
Curious about your feedback on the SRO. Thinking about replacing a RMR Gen 1 on a 227 Tac.

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to be able to shoot for a couple weeks. My initial handling and dry fire are very favorable. Easy to find dot, adjustments are nice. Easier to index and find the dot than the RMR ... the bigger glass does provide a clear look-through to the target. I have used a friends Leupold DPP and the SRO looks/handles a lot it did (from my memory).

posted Hide Post
I have trouble finding the dot on the RMR, just me I'm sure. Look forward to the report. Thanks

Posts: 936 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post