SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What modifications have you made to your P320??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What modifications have you made to your P320?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P320 Compact 9mm was mine but I gifted it to my son when he graduated college. Mods are slight:

*Sig trigger update (trigger is slightly heavier with a bit more grit).
*Bought an FDE Carry frame (small) for longer grip area. It is used sparingly.
*Attached Streamlight TLR-1 HL.
*Installed an Apex flat trigger but my son did not like it. He much preferred the OEM trigger shape. So, I removed the Apex and reinstalled the OEM.
*Buying an X-Carry frame because of the beavertail and will soon install X-Ray sights for my son, who has significant vision issues.

My son uses his P320C primarily for home protection and carries a Shield 9mm for CCW.

I had a full-size P320 9mm because I thought I'd like it better than a Gen 5 G34 for USPSA. I didn't, and for a couple of other reasons not related to any reliability issues, I sold it.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full size:
Gray Guns trigger work
Fiber optic front sight and aftermarket rear sight.
Heavier guide rod and aftermarket springs from GGI.
Installed size large grips.
Sanded the grips semi-flat to remove the bulge, and did my own stipple. First it was a cross hatch and now a DIY stipple job.
Flat faced trigger from Gray Guns.
Last the voluntary upgrade program, and the trigger is even better!!!

My compact P320 is similar but has Trijicon HD XR sights.

I was dry firing yesterday, and was amazed at how good the trigger felt.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have 2, a 9mm and a .45. Both have been to Robert Burke for a carry job and I had him put trijicon sights on my 9mm. I use my 9mm for EDC in the winter.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD’s and more mags
Not sending back for trigger upgrade

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1307 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fullsize 9mm is primarily an offduty gun, occasionally a duty gun in uniform or plainclothes.

I tried a medium Carry frame and later went to an X-Carry frame and Streamlight TLR-7. I also have some Gray aluminum base plates on the way.

Posts: 104 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that a P320 needs three things to make it spectacular:
1. HD XR or Sig x-ray sights
2. An X-5 type of grip.
3. The Gray Guns flat faced trigger.

A heavy barrel would also be helpful. A P320 Compact with a heavy barrel might make a super CC pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delong31
posted Hide Post
P320 Compact
Talon Grip tape
Gen1 Apex flatty
Just ran it with its crap sights.

P320 Compact #2
Talon Grip tape
GG PELT2
XRay3s with a u-notch rear

M17
GG PELT2
Leupold Deltapoint Pro | 2.5MOA dot
(Dawson suppressor height Front sight inbound)

Trigger on M17 isn’t equal to either of the compacts. It’s okay, just not as good.

Deciding on which module to send in to Steady Grind for stippling. One pistol will eventually make its way to Robert Burke.

The compacts were carry pieces until the P365 joined the stable. M17 is a range gun for now; possibly HD.

Posts: 88 | Location: DFW | Registered: June 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I put night sights on mine (meprolight). At home, it's in the full sized configuration, and with a Surefire x300. Out and about, it's in compact configuration. 9mm, loaded up with as many 124grain +p Federal HSTs as it will hold, always.

Otherwise, stock. And I shoot it a whole lot, in both configurations. I've done a few local IDPA shoots with it, but I don't really do competitions regularly.

I do train and practice with it nearly most every range trip, though.

If I had to choose only one handgun to keep, it would be my 320.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Only a GG PELT2 so far for my compact.

I have a set of Trijicon HD XR I need to install.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Older gun. Did the upgrade, trimmed the stock slide release.

Looking to add
Dawson FO front, black rear sights
Flat trigger
XGrip module if I can figure out what slide stop and if I need a different holster

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the standard full size. Night stand and range gun. Changed to the small grip module and I'm putting rounds down range. I don't anticipate making any other changes.

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P320 45 FS is stock, as is my P320 X5. The P320 9mm RX has a straight GGI Pelt 2 trigger. My older P320 9mm FS has a curved GGI Pelt 2 trigger, solid stainless steel guide rod, and Dawson FO front sight. All are used for range/fun. I used the older P320 for OpSpec training courses over the past year or so, as well as the X5.

I just purchased a GGI P320 Competition Trigger kit and plan to install it in the older 9mm FS when I get back from SHOT next weekend. Looking forward to trying that out.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine with full sized slide and compact grip in .357 SIG. I carry it everyday and also use it for IDPA (there to practice and have fun, not win trophies), classes, and recreational shooting.
Modifications include XS F8 sights and Apex Advanced Curved Trigger and Forward Set Trigger Bar.

I have also done some stippling to the grip module. I tried to match the factory pattern and extend it up higher under the beaver tail and trigger guard. I also added it to the "shelves" which I find helpful for one handed shooting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichN,

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
P320C I picked up used...post-upgrade

It's still in process. I've put on a small Grip module, and an apex trigger. Next will be night sights (not sure which ones yet) and I'm waiting for the compact x-frame module.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HDXR sights, large grip module, and that has made it my idea of a perfect pistol.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
P320 X5:
Springer precision stainless guide rod
13lb 1911 recoil spring

Future: possible GGI flat trigger (want to shoot it as-is for a while)

I love this gun, I recently got it to compete with.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So my plan in November when I started this thread was to dedicate to shooting the P320 in 2019. So far, the gun has been awesome.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My P320C (with the voluntary upgrade) is my duty sidearm.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
How are you liking the Night Fision sights? Are they bright enough in daylight?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigarms229:

I have a P320 Carry and P320 Fullsize that have X Grips on them now and both have had front sights swapped to Night Fision Yellow/Green night sights. One will be upgraded in a week or so with a flat trigger.

My primary home defense pistol is a second P320 X-Five with fixed sights. The front is a Night Fision yellow/green night sight and the rear is a night sight plate off a P320 X-Carry.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I have an early P320 FS, and a P320 X5.

FS P320 - shoot Production USPSA, IDPA, SSP, and Steel Challenge.
Robert Burke trigger work
Dawson FO front/ fixed rear
Springer stainless guide rod with 1911 spring
Springer extended mag release
Talon granulate grip tape on a Large FS grip module
Dawson base pads
Over 15 K through the gun with no issues, and love to shoot this gun

P320 X5 - Shooting USPSA Carry Optics, and Steel Challenge.
Robert Burke trigger work
Romeo 1 optic installed
Springer Tungsten guide rod with 1911 spring
Shooting Sports Innovations Heavy grip module with added granulate to build up the thickness of the grip
Tungsten slug in the module
Springer extended mag release
Obsidian Arms magazine base pads

This shoots very soft with 147 grain bullets over VV320, and I use the stock grip with the mag well on it to shoot SC

Love these set ups and feel free to contact me with any questions

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post